Top Dog

Re: DustyC trapping 09

Post by Dcoy »

Cool pic Dusty!
1Shooter
coyotehunter

Post by 1Shooter »

Very cool! Gotta love getting new land! Way to go :)
Savage 12 .22-250
(As of 4/18/10)
Gopher - 2
Skunk - 2
Coon - 10
Possum - 1
Fox - 2
Coyotes - 2
Beaver - 1
Ermine - 1
Muskrat - 19
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Those cat sets should pay off for you DusctyC :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Heres some pics of a cat that I caught yesterday. Its the wrong kind but it needs cleared out any way. I set the snare 3 days before on some bobcat sign and where 1 cat goes so will the other. Since it was an accidental catch, I don't even get to keep the damn thing. It's another female and she probably weighs around #110. I am really sick of these damn things. I caught this one less than 1/2 a mile from my house.
The first pic i s of my 3 year old son, Colton. He said "that was the biggest kitty he ever saw." :D :D
Colton and lion.JPG
snared lion.JPG
"God hates a coward"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Did you neck snare it, or snare it around the chest? The last pic might just look deceiving. It's pretty cool to snare a cat like that, but a 1/2 mile from your house, i would say is a little too close for comfort :shock: . Yes colton that is a very big kitty :lol:
Chris Lyon

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Holly Crap. That would be fun to see dead in a snare!!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Nice job Dusty. I'da been shittin twinkies if I were to come around the corner and find that thing a half mile from home.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

It's neck caught. It just wrapped him up a little. Every lion I have killed in this country (3 total in 3 years) have all been less than 1.5 miles from my house. :x :x :x Trying to get the Game and Fish to do something to help control them. People wonder why I started packing my 40 cal Glock with me all the time. I can't think of any better reason. It has gotten to where I don't let my kids go outside to play without me or there mom and a big gun close by!!
"God hates a coward"
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

DustyC wrote:It has gotten to where I don't let my kids go outside to play without me or there mom and a big gun close by!!
That sucks Dusty. Might as well be living in a village in Africa and always looking out for Tigers And Lions. Keep puttin them on the ground and hauling them into the Fish and Game and they'll have to do something I would think. Now they are paying people with dogs in my county and the ones around it to kill cougars. I should say we are paying them. Dumb shits and greenies got it outlawed to run em with dogs here and now they are running amuck and tax payers have to pay for it instead of making a little money by selling tags to guys with dogs.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I would say you have a problem with them DustyC. Having to pack that kind of heat with you at all times to potentially use to save your life will wear on a guy over time with that constant stress and thought.
Chris Lyon

DustyC

Post by DustyC »

If I read the regulations right, our area has opened up to where a guy can buy 1 tag and get a second at 1/2 price. The problem they say we have around here is they are hard to tree with dogs because of the rocks and lack of alot of trees. I am going to go out calling them when I get back from my moms for Christmas and we are still going to run em' with the dogs when I find fresh sign. I can almost guarantee that I can find sign some where on our ranch anytime after a new snow. I cut lion tracks almost everyday on the cat line around the house here.
EO, you should come out before calving and all the other busy work and we'll go find us a lion to call. :D :D The damn hippies around here are trying to do the same thing but we have been able to hold them off for the meantime. The only other good news is that Wildlife Services has confirmed that we have 2 wolves on Ferris mountain 22 miles away from my house. :x :x I freakin' HATE HIPPIES. :x :x :x :x :shock:
"God hates a coward"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

nice pics Dusty. what do the lions eat out in the plains??
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Great pics Dusty.No idea you had that many cats there.The wolves are the last thing you needed as an addition.I have a friend who owns an island resort in northern Mn that has similar problems to yours-wolves instead of cats though.They recently ate a neighbors dog,are around near constantly and have no fear of man or beast in the area.They 'carry',don't leave their dogs out,keep radios blaring day and night outside and frustratingly wait for the USFW to 'arrive' and do something about it.Ridiculous and I've suggested some ways to get interim relief.
Probably small consolation but at least you can legally try do something about it.
Good hunting and trapping!
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Thanks guys. I heard yesterday that the G&F changed our quota in this area from 6 to unlimited. :D I need to look and see. It still doesn't change the fact that no one will hunt this area because of the rough terrain and troubles treeing the cats.
"God hates a coward"
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

I just checked the reg's and for our area ,16, you can get 2 lion tags. 1 for full price and the other at a discounted rate. 8)

Anyone on this site that want's to go calling or hunting with dogs can pm me and we will discuss it. I would be more than happy to put you up and show you some cool country.
All you have to do is kill a lion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"God hates a coward"