DustyC trapping 09

Coyote, Fox, Beaver, Racoon, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Daryl
coyotehunter

Re: DustyC trapping 09

Post by Daryl »

Well there is something wrong with your first image link but here is one of your pics... You have to put the properties link betweend the [img][img]. If you need more help let me know..
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Dusty nice cat with good spots
a proud member of the "IF" team
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

FINALLY!!!!!! Things have started to slow down around here. I just about have all of the cows kicked out on summer grass and we just have 1 more branding to get done and then I can get back to work trapping and calling this summer. It's been a long slow spring around Wyoming. Had the chance yesterday to go set a few traps but it wound up raining all day and all of the roads are to muddy to travel on. I have been able to locate 2 dens this spring from riding around kicking out cows though. I can't wait to get the time to goafter them. I'll quit rambling now. :wink: :wink: Just trying to shake the cabin fever. I have my sights on a new record this year. I would like to take 200+ coyotes this year. :D Heres a pic of a dog I caught earlier this spring off of my neighbors calving grounds. You can't see it in the picture very well but his teeth were all but gone.
old dog.JPG
noteeth.JPG
"God hates a coward"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

That is one old dog DustyC!!! Way to go and 200 dogs sounds like a fun time to me :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Wow his canines are definetly shot. what did the molars look like? Way to go that old boy has been around for awhile! 200 is Helluva season.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
1Shooter
coyotehunter

Post by 1Shooter »

Nice catch DustyC! Go get'm!
Savage 12 .22-250
(As of 4/18/10)
Gopher - 2
Skunk - 2
Coon - 10
Possum - 1
Fox - 2
Coyotes - 2
Beaver - 1
Ermine - 1
Muskrat - 19
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

His molars were completely rounded off and resembled elk ivories. I don't really know how to judge age by the teeth on coyotes.(I can do it on horses and cows :) ) I took 99 adult coyotes last year and I just picked up another huge tract of land to trap and hunt on that hasn't been trapped in a while. :D :D
"God hates a coward"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

You can never have too much land thats for sure. Are you running more traps than snares or vice versa? You need to be doing a lot of things right to get to that century mark so good Job Dusty!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Good post, Great success, I love it!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Thanks. I was running alot more snares than traps all winter. I set more traps in the summer though.(No bobcat season leaves my minimal supply of traps open for the summer) I also got my M-44 licensed renewed this winter so I will set a few of those this summer and next winter. Our bounty starts again the 1st of July so I would like to hit em hard all summer to get as much of that money as I can. The money that I make off of the bounty pays for my supplies and lets me put a little extra away for my boys. I hope to hear from Mel pretty soon about the puppies. I would really like to improve on my denning this year and next.
"God hates a coward"
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

I just figured out how to send pics from my phon. Heres one of a bobcat I caught this winter.
bobcat.JPG
"God hates a coward"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Very cool picture! I haven't heard anything from mel about puppies but it's the busy season so thats how it goes. I wouldn't let waiting for a pup keep you from denning with that one dog of yours. What i've seen of that dog is on it's way to be a good dog. I've gone to running one dog on stand.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Great pic Dusty!! Keep giving those coyotes hell :D
Chris Lyon

DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Thanks again. I plan on using her this summer. She has had a little brake this spring for about 1 month while I didn't have any gear out but I think she'll be all right.I plan on taking her out with Fowlers dogs a few times this spring. His dogs are just fun to watch. He says that he can let em be a bit rougher since he doesn't have to worry about the fur. I talked to Mel about three weeks ago when he was out in Nevada getting his female bred. He called just to let me know the progress. I have a male spoken for and I am thinking about 1 more if they aren't all already gone. Heres some pics of the dogs mine will be going with.
choke hold.jpg[attachment=0]choke hold #2.jpg
Gunner and Rosie.jpg
gunner.jpg
"God hates a coward"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Awesome Photos DustyC!! Those dogs sure look like they know what they are doing :wink:
Chris Lyon