Trapping 2006 (Pics)

Coyote, Fox, Beaver, Racoon, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

CoyoteDoctor

Trapping 2006 (Pics)

Post by CoyoteDoctor »

Thought I'd share a couple pictures with everyone. My partner Merris and I camped out for a few nights and trapped right before Christmas. Weather was a little too warm and the mange had wiped out most of the coyotes (at least that's my excuse of why we didn't catch many)! We had a 17 mile loop laid out on the Grand River in SD and had a blast. We kind of gave up on the coyotes and concentrated on the beaver for a couple nights. We ended up with 11 beaver 3 coyotes, 2 coon, 4 porcupines and a few bunnies. We sold our fur and almost paid for 1/2 our expenses. What a deal! What other hobbies pay you back! Enjoy the pictures.

littlebigenuf
coyotehunter

Post by littlebigenuf »

Congrats!! I would love to do that sometime.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Great guys that's what i would refer to as "Living the Dream" I have wanted to camp out and try my luck at a long trapping/calling trip for sometime now but haven't had the chance
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I slept in a wall tent for about a week down in Northern Arizona a few years back helping out with a Elk hunt. We did get to do some coyote hunting though. We had a wood burning stove in the tent that we burnt Juniper in and it was incredible smell. We would wake up listening to the coyotes howl right out side of the tent. Paul it looks like you guys had a great time. Wall tents are the way to go.

Wood burning stove, drying out our clothes and cooking some beans.

Tusycan, Az Nov. 05' 7 days helping my friend Dean Helm hunt for elk. You can see a couple of fresh pelts hanging on the line off of the tent. I did get to sneak a couple of stands in and ended up with 4 coyotes, 1 Grey fox and a Kit fox.

North Rim of The Grand Canyon April of 06' 4 days of coyotes hunting.

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

That would be so much fun! That would be well worth skipping a week of school for!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"