Lyonch Trapping 2010

Coyote, Fox, Beaver, Racoon, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

mitchkvernum
coyotehunter

Re: Lyonch Trapping 2010

Post by mitchkvernum »

Your doing good chris!!!!! I love the coon pics.. Keep them coming.. You may have already stated this, but what was the most you were able to take at a single feeder?

Good work. :mrgreen:
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

The feeder that we being hit really hard, has produced 8 coon so far. Out of the 5 feeders, with two of them not producing a thing :evil: , we have caught 20 coon from 3 out of the 5 feeders. I think i screwed up on the feeders though too. I filled them on a thursday evening, then waited until the next weekend when i set traps to fill them again, and 3 our of the 5 were completely gone, and when i mean gone, there wasn't a kernel of corn left in the tire. If i would have filled it one more time, i feel that i would have taken the coon out a lot faster instead of a couple here and a couple there.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

your up awefull early Iron Man., :lol: . me to.. had to get up to see results of the elections... i just went into full rut.. grunt,grunt :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

bucksnbears wrote:your up awefull early Iron Man., :lol: . me to.. had to get up to see results of the elections... i just went into full rut.. grunt,grunt :D

LMFAO!!! It sounds like you need to go back to bed with all that crazy talk :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chris Lyon

lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Last night i checked the trap line again, and was able to check some new spots that were set on sunday after the Luke Oyloe Memorial hunt. We aren't even close to having our full line out yet, due to extremely high waters all over the place. We did notice last night though, that the water has come down quite a bit, and we will be setting the rest of the line on Friday. Last night had a boring start with the local checks that are right around my house, that are getting pulled soon, but as we started checking the new sets, we started to collect some fur :D

In the pick is 19 coon, 2 beaver, 2 muskrats, 1 mink, and 1 skunk (we caught 2 skunks but one of them got the conibear right on the stink sack :shock: ).

I dont know if you folks remeber, but in my coon feeder post i posted a pic of a very large coon hitting the feeder, and well last night, we caught him :D That coon alone made my night :D Enjoy!!

Chris Lyon

rorycoyote
coyotehunter

Post by rorycoyote »

ive seen some big coons but that one is tops. good job man
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Booner Coon :)
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Thats a pig nice work!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Well last night i checked about 60% of my line and The night beofre i checked about 40%. This pic is from last nights check. If i would have added monday nights check to this pile, it would add 4 more coon, 2 skunks, 1 muskrat, and 4 mink, and 2 beaver. In the pic is 4 beaver, 5 mink, 1 skunk, 4 coon, and 3 muskrats. I think with this warm weather, things have really slowed down for me. I am waiting to see what the line does after this small front roles through tonight. If nothing gets hit too hard, i will be pulling and moving portions of the line all weekend. I have been trying to keep a mental note of how many ditch tiger (ferral cats) i have caught this year, and i think i am round 60 or 70 of them. I am so tired of them things plugging my traps :evil: I also had 3 sets stolen last night, in my opinion most people dont take it unless there is an animal in it, because they can't see it other wise. So i think i am out a few more bucs on the year :evil: Any how heres the pic of the mixed bag last night.

Chris Lyon

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

good job Chris.. now come up to my property and help with the beaver :x
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

bucs you let me know when and where, and I will be there to help
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

LeviM wrote:bucs you let me know when and where, and I will be there to help
as soon as Denise kills her buck you can knock yourself out.. bring lots of traps :shock:
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

bucksnbears wrote:
as soon as Denise kills her buck you can knock yourself out.. bring lots of traps :shock:
You got my phone number, just le me know!! I have plenty of traps :mrgreen:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

LeviM wrote:
bucksnbears wrote:
You got my phone number, just le me know!! I have plenty of traps :mrgreen:

I still think you need some assistance :wink: I need to make sure someone takes the safeties off those 330's when your not looking and then aftrer you set them, put them back on :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Chris Lyon

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i have a canoe all already to go :wink: