EO Kitty trapping 2010

Coyote, Fox, Beaver, Racoon, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: EO Kitty trapping 2010

Post by bucksnbears »

EO, kinda been missing your video clips :( haven't you been out doing much calling???????
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

what are you running for pan tension?
Coyotes Forever
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Bucs I havn't been calling on video too much lately. My shooter moved away and I've also been very busy with my store. I get to set my traps and get them checked and thats about it. I'll see if I can get one put together for you though.
CH most of my traps are those dogless montgomery #3s so no oan adjustment their. As far as the MJ's I couldn't tell ya. My dad set them a long time ago I guess I should probly ask though. Might eliminate the toe catches.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

you shold be able to adjust the dogless..........file the notch.......you can't lighten them but you can increase the pan tension. Yep toes are a sign of too light of pan but could be several other things as well. Just thought I would ask.
Coyotes Forever
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

It seems the MJ's are the ones I get toe catches on so I think I'll try to tighten them up a little. Thanks for the heads up on the dogless though. I'm gonna try to start phasing them out if I can afford it the next few seasons. Going to start buying two dozen fully modified Bridgers every year till I have about 75 of them.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I like to run aobut 4-4.5 lb at pan center. which of course will be slightly less on the end the farthest from the dog. I do not have very much travel on my pans before they fire.
Coyotes Forever
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Here is what I had to sell. Seven bobcats. Eleven coyotes. I have some more coyote in the freezer but never found the time to get em put up. One buyer bought three of the cats for a three hundred average. I'm sending the rest to a fur buyer in central OR. We'll see what happens with that. He said he could give 35$ for a decent coyote and that I would be really pleased with the cat prices. He's seen what kind of fur I've had in the past so I'm excited to see what happens.
coyotesrs.jpg
coyote5rs.jpg
coyote4rs.jpg
coyote2rs.jpg
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Good Stuff EOCaller!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I just can't get enough of those cats 8)
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

So out of the above pictures, 7 cats and eleven coyotes. The grand total was 2200$. 1900$ for the cats and 300$ for the dogs. All in all pretty happy with that. Had one coyote go for 40$. Five of the cats went for 300$. Two other coyotes went for 30$. Thats the highlights. The little women was happy too I guess, She asked after the check showed up,"what kind of traps did you want to order again honey?" :shock: :lol:
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

If you are happy with the results, that's all that matters!!! Just out of curiosity, what did the blue-ish colored cat bring? Coyotes are making a slow comeback, but are nothing like they use to be. FHA just had their March sale this past weekend and i am curious on what the coyotes brought. I heard coon did just OK.
Chris Lyon

EO caller

Post by EO caller »

The blue colored Tom had a very casty belly, but he was xl so he still brought 300$. I think the first guy that came through town and bought my best cats kinda got to me a bit. He was pretty down on my cats and got the three best ones for 300$ apiece . Kinda made me think they weren't the quality stuff. But had I sent them all to the buyer that bought the rest those three would have brought in the 400 range. Lesson learned and it won't happen again. The coyote deal is sounding pretty exciting. Their is a major shortage the way there talking and next year could get into the 40-50$ average. :shock: I'm gettin geared up to hang major ammounts of iron on them. :twisted:
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

It sounds like next year, you will be on your game and have all your ducks in a row when it comes time to sell :wink: I would get after those coyotes next season myself as well. I just did a little research on FHA's sale and found out that they bought back a top lot of Cats, that was selling for $900 a pelt, but they wanted a $1,000 minumum per pelt :shock: I'm still waiting to hear on the coyotes though.
Chris Lyon

EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Thats unreal about the cats going that high. Everybody who has a old victor longspring hanging in the shed will be out there screwing around. When people ask me around here how the fur prices are I just tell em it ain't worth a shit, I'm just doing it for fun.
But your right I will be a little more savvy next year. I'm fairly green at the fur selling end of things. But this year really taught me alot I think. About selling and putting up fur properly.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

EO - Have you ever heard of the nevada stretch for your cats? The few people i have been conversing with about cats are saying they are getting a few more $$ per cat with that type of put up. It's very simple to do, and in my opinion makes them look like they have a longer (white) belly region.

This is a pic of a ugly MN cat that was put up nevada style
DSC03965-1.jpg
Chris Lyon