EO Kitty trapping 2010

Coyote, Fox, Beaver, Racoon, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

EO caller

Re: EO Kitty trapping 2010

Post by EO caller »

I rode BB for about eight years in the ammys. Lots of fun but lots of broken bones too. Did you ever know a team roper named Trevor McCoin? He's the shooter in most of my videos.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Had this one caught at a big hole set the other night. My wifes house cat is bigger. Couldn't make myself take him to the shed so I released him. He was caught by a back foot and i had my hog catcher so it wasn't hard to do.
kitten3.jpg
kitten.jpg
After i let him out of the trap he just humped up and growled at me. He wouldn't leave, it was kinda comical.
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Awesome pics and great job!!!!!! 8) 8) Not to many people see spots and release them. You are one hell of a good guy and in my opinion very ethical. :D 8) Like I said I don't know of a single cat trapper around here that would even think of turning one loose. They might preech it but when you find kitten and small female carcasses by the road you Know they are full of Pooey! :evil:
"God hates a coward"
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

I figured no use going to all the trouble of skinning and stretching to get fifty bucks for a cat that next year could be worth a couple hundred. I'll get him again somewere. :D
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

EO caller wrote:I figured no use going to all the trouble of skinning and stretching to get fifty bucks for a cat that next year could be worth a couple hundred. I'll get him again somewere. :D

In my opinion, that is what it takes to trap bigger numbers in the future!! Great job 8)
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
mitchkvernum
coyotehunter

Post by mitchkvernum »

I know nothing about bobcat trapping, But A guy told me he sold his kitties last season (he traps a good number of them) and his highest $ cats were his smallest, and some kittens.. But yes definately nice to have them around the next season.. Im glad I dont have to let pup coyotes go, that would suck :lol:
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Checked traps on saturday. Here's what I found. Mind you these are all traps set for bobcats.
Campbell dog.jpg
campbell dog2.jpg
juniper.jpg
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Why is it, that every time a guy targets a specific animal, he needs to clean out the garbage before he can get to his prize jewels :lol: :lol: :wink: Congrats on the coyotes EO!!!! Did those sets have exposed pans or not? Also did you do any flagging and or a lot of guiding at the sets? I have heard guys in the past claim that a coyote will not step on a exposed pan; will not commit to too much guiding; etc etc. These are all things a lot of people do for their cat sets, but seem to catch more coyotes in them then cats :?
Chris Lyon

EO caller

Post by EO caller »

I'm probly guilty of making my cat sets a little too natural looking just because of habit, I never leave an exposed pan. I don't think I could walk away from a trap and feel good about that. Always covered, Wire screen for a pan cover as well. I do use flags if I'm off the trail aways and lots of guides. But when the full moon or new moon hits I just know its coyote time in cat country. I told the wife before I left in the morning that I'd be a little later than usual because there would be dogs to skin. I was right. :roll:
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Finally hooked a cat. Got on some fresh ground. Made a little walk through set next to some rocks on some really good sign. Big tom. 43inches before the stretcher.
Reitman cat.jpg
reitman cat2.jpg
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Great job EOcaller!!! That cat has some unique colorings to it 8)
Chris Lyon

DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Is he blue backed or is that just the pic? If thats a true blue back tom at 43" that is a big money cat!!!! 8)
"God hates a coward"
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Yeah Dusty he is pretty blue but were I sell fur it seems they don't like the blues. They want the blonde ones. His belly wasn't too clear either. I thought it was kinda a let down but maybe you guys know a better place to sell these kind.
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Wow!!! :shock: I,ld call around. I know that Petska likes them. I,ld try him. Johnny Hughes, or John Graham. I'm pretty sure they would buy him. Grahams # is406-557-6167
"God hates a coward"
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

EO are you putting up your cats? May I ask what your averaging for cats in your area?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"