The coyotes are about to take a butt kickin...

Coyote, Fox, Beaver, Racoon, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

mitchkvernum
coyotehunter

The coyotes are about to take a butt kickin...

Post by mitchkvernum »

Marty and I went out to one of our bait stations to pitch some more "goodies" into the weeds..

We were low on time so we just set a few snares up as a LARGE winter snow storm was approaching as well.. I think we set 4-5 snares.. We returned and 4 of them were snowed in.. This one was in a protected spot and caught an un-lucky passer by..

I think I made the loop too big as he also got his front leg in the snare. This kept him from death..

It didnt take long to see this bait station is getting absolutely HAMMERED by coyotes.. They literally dug 4 feet deep to get to a few chunks of meat.. there are trails everywere in this pocket of cover..

Marty said "get to settin"!.. I had my first real good set out and I look over and Marty has like 7 snares already hung.. He is a machine.. Apparently he has done a little snaring :o .. We put out a bunch of snares and I have a feeling there will be coyotes hanging everywere when we get back..

Were planning on putting a few more bait stations out, I can see how a guy can really kill a pile of dogs doing this.. Ill get more pics up of the future kills as I am pretty sure there will be quite a few more.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: The coyotes are about to take a butt kickin...

Post by lyonch »

I love it Mitch!!! It looks like you will have another addiction coming in the near future :lol: :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

hows the snaring coming along.
Coyotes Forever
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

Anybody thats still snaring in ND has an aweful lot of time and ambition.

I pulled my last sets at Christmas and thought I was a bit crazy for hanging on that long. Tough to snare when trails are drifting in every 12 hours.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

barebackjack wrote:Anybody thats still snaring in ND has an aweful lot of time and ambition.

I pulled my last sets at Christmas and thought I was a bit crazy for hanging on that long. Tough to snare when trails are drifting in every 12 hours.
I agree, I pulled mine after christmas. When there trails are hip deep on me, I am guessing they are no longer taking these trails. :?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

good time to put down a horse or two.
Coyotes Forever