Fall Coyotes

Coyote, Fox, Beaver, Racoon, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: Fall Coyotes

Post by Coyotehunter »

Oh I know....don't mean to. I know Levi and he is going to dig. Randy is right though....keep it simple and you will do fine.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

you guys are awesome, Lots of tips and tricks to ponder.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Nice work. I have never had much luck resetting badger circles. In fact I've never caught anything in one. I have reset off to the side a little ways and used the tore up circle to draw coyotes in. I'm damn sure no pro for sure but a mafia type trail set works really well on badger circles in my opinion. :)
"God hates a coward"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Same here on the edge of a badger circle (for coyotes) but i don't have much luck with remakes. I always try to have a fresh set right around there for them to work whether i set the remake or not.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Ray1

Post by Ray1 »

Lots of great tips guys. Thanks.
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

I remember one year the old man set a trap at an active badger hole and caught the badger in a 220 coni. He took the badger and stuffed him down the hole set a MJ600 and squirted some piss on the edge. He promptly caught a porcipine. He stuffed it down the hole and reapplied the piss and caught 5 or 6 coyotes in about two weeks on that hole. Not the same as a badger circle I know but I always like that story.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Great discussion!! We missed a coyote in a remake the night after we caught the first one. The coyote worked the dirthole from the side and dug right down and grabbed the sheeps wool with lure on it. After we picked up the fourth coyote on that farm (4th one came in a remake) we have yet to see another track, but know there has to be others in the general area. We have been having some really wierd weather lately here in central MN.

Levi and more catches lately? I'm thinking sunday evening i will set up another farm that we are being told they are seen almost every night by the bowhunters. Hopefully the chains will jingle next week :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Ray1

Post by Ray1 »

Well guys, Levi and Chris are headed out west so i checked traps alone today. And wouldnt you know it we finally got our double. I couldnt get a pic of both of them in the same picture even though the traps were only 20' apart. I will have to have levi post pics when he gets back. Because i cant figure it out. :?:
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Typical ray, needs to have his hand held :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Ray1

Post by Ray1 »