Fall Coyotes

Coyote, Fox, Beaver, Racoon, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Ray1

Re: Fall Coyotes

Post by Ray1 »

I hope you get it done pretty soon Chris. He is starting to whine about it. :lol: J/k. But it sure would be nice so levi can skin my coyotes while im remaking my set. :lol:
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Ya the skinning rig would come in handy :D Its so much easier skinning a hot coyote.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

LeviM wrote:
EO caller wrote:Love the picture with the cows. They really want through that fence to get a better sniff on the coyote. :lol:
EO, Have you got any steel in the ground yet?
Had some earlier on a buddies place to do some summer control. Caught 11 last year in a couple of weeks. This year caught four in two weeks. Two in snares and two in traps. Pulled up last week after not catching anything but a badger in a week. Deer season opens this weekend and me and the family are going to the coast for the weekend. Then its on like Donkey Kong. Fur is getting close as of last monday(Killed one in our ADC guys trap for him at his request) and it was a little light in the crotch but its been getting cold at night around here so I'm saying by late next week they'll be ready.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

man I am sorry I still have not got you those measurements.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

A few more pics. Its been really tough lately. Very warm weather 85-90s with very strong winds. We only managed a few more. With the cooler weather coming the end of this week hopefully things pick up. I wont post pics of all the skunks, badgers, and coon. It dont matter what the weather is like, they will always find your trap and ruin a good location.
Attachments
full-15306-46213-coyote13_2011.jpg
full-15306-46214-catch_circles.jpg
full-15306-46212-coyote12_2011.jpg
full-15306-46135-coyote11_2011.jpg
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Good work Levi!!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Ray1

Post by Ray1 »

:lol: You have caught more skunks than i have Levi. I have the pics to prove it. I would put them on here if i knew how to upload them. :lol:
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Man I would always remake those sets; skunks, coon, fox, coyote.........hell I even at times remake my badger sets if possible. Out here I do not have much luck with the coyote remakes but I do not have many coyotes in my trapping areas either.
Coyotes Forever
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Yep same here. It just adds more smell and appeal to the set.... I liked the skunks mostly, would rapp them in some wire and stake down and cover with dirt. These sets would keep on produceing all winter..
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

We have had zero luck with any remakes in the same catch circle from any animal. We have had luck just setting outside the catch circles with a urine post or a dirt hole.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

what ever works for ya use it. if you can rack up all the ground duff in the torn up area and use it for a backing, I try to remove the blood, and use a different lure, I have had some great luck with that. I talked with one guy who puts up a pile of fur and he always uses a small dirthole on his remakes.
Coyotes Forever
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Same here. Big hole sets up on a bank are always resetable also. I reset a flat set on the edge of the catch circle though. Seems like they don't want to go the middle of the circle but they will work the edge and if your lure is good enough to keep them working you'll hook em up.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Thanks for the tips Jamie, I will have to try those out. Have you noticed that pups are more timid of catch circles then adults??
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

no.......lots of stuff to consider. type of lure at the site. after a catch it is everywhere. if you used gland, now you got gland from your set everywhere and what ever smell from your catch are everywere. I am using a lot of my bait right now at flat sets right under there noses. Food being the focul point for those pups so that is what I am targeting at a lot of sets right now. there is a school of thought that you use gland this time of year only at first to get the adults then target your pups............its a long discussion.
Coyotes Forever
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Levi, you rock!!!

Jamie your going to get his head spinnin!!! Levi, you collecting urine from those catches?? Tip of the day! :idea:
Randy Roede