Badger Today

Coyote, Fox, Beaver, Racoon, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Brad , Here is a short video of that same coyote and I'm sure you have seen and heard this lots of times. Perhaps some people won't like this type of post. I apologize if they don't. I just thought some people might enjoy it as they probably have never experienced this type of action. The quality is not the best as I used my little digital camera.

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Pretty neat Jerry looks like some real nice country to work also
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

The land I'm now is pretty open with lots of tiny finger draws that empty into main drainaegs. These drainages go into the river. I set traps at tops of these fingers and snares all along the drainages. The fingers have tiny patches of buck brush in them and it makes perfect places to put snares. Here is a couple pictures, one of me and a coyote that bit my dog. Got him just under the eye on his eyelid. My dog got a little close and the coyote nailed him. Maybe he,ll stay away next time. He usually stays his distance but I think what happen was, I had another dog along the belong to my boy, and it created a little competition. The other coyote is a nice one I caught at the top of one of these fingers. Enjoy!!
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Awesome Jerry :wink: I sure would like to come down sometime and hang out and see that dog of yours work. I just watched Tom Mirandas trapping video now it has me kinda pumped.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Daryl, We'll have to work somthing out. I will be at the Classic this year , I think and will talk to you and meet some other people.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

great post Jerry. If someone does not want to see a coyote in a trap then they should not be on this forum. Keep it up. It will be great to see you at the "Classic". Daryl stay away from that Tom Miranda, he is a goof. If you want to watch some good trapping videos let me know and I will give you a couple of names.
Coyotes Forever
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

:lol: I didn't know any better just picked one up cause all these pics are giving me the itch. If the snow holds off the cattle will be out of the pasture soon and I think I might have to set out a few and see what happens.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

That is great to hear that you are getting the itch. I would seriously consider starting with coon before you jump right into the yotes.
Coyotes Forever
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

I will take what I can get :lol: and with my luck it may be nothing :cry: