Badger Today

Coyote, Fox, Beaver, Racoon, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Badger Today

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Caught this little devil today. I had seen a badger in my trapping area once earlier and here he is. Needless to say, he was not a happy camper. Image

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

He doesn't look very happy :D
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

He looks like he is ready to play :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Cool Jerry. Are badgers worth much? We shoot them things back in my home area all the time they are kinda hard on tractor spindles in the hay feild. Do you know a badgers skull is so thick that if shot in the head the bullet can ricochet (spelling) off. Just some maybe useless info but though I would share. We had one digging in a hay field one time and the guy I was working for and this is scarey true cause I watched him do it he actually drug it out of its hole with a pliers and hit it over the head with a cresent wrench :shock: I thought he had blown a lug nut I sure would not have tried that.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

My parents got a badger at the end of there driveway raising some hell with the road! Any tricks to trap those buggers??
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Daryl, Badgers are the thing to get this year. Are furbuyer is paying $25.00 now. If you can find the right guy the skulls are worth $10.00 , so don't shoot them in the head. When I was a kid, I remember my dad catching badgers with his hands. When we would see a badger ,he would get out of vehicle and chase it until it turned around and stood his ground . The ole badger would get all huffed up and show his teeth. Then my Dad had a pc. of lathe. He would get the badger to bite the lathe and when the badger did that he would reach around and grab his tail. Then he would put it in the trunk of the car. One time he put it in the back seat of our car. My Mother had a real fit!!! He got his kicks showing them off to friends in town. Quite a ole man. Been gone for a long time. He once roped a nice whitetail buck off a saddle horse. I never thought it could be done, but he did. I wished I had a picture.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

LMAO

That is hilarious, I wouldn't have the balls to stand up to badger!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

LeviM, Badgers aren't hard to trap. Use a #3 trap if you have one. If you can find a badger hole, scrap out about 3 ft. in front of the hole and about a foot wide. Set you trap right up close to the front of hole. Bed it in good and your in business. Even if the badger isn't in there he will be around sometime. You can use the same lures for coyotes on badger. That is how I caught this one in a flat set. It is better to use a drag of some type specifically for badgers . They have a tendency to dig up everything as you can see. I will be gone the rest of day.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Thanks for the tips Jerry, I will have to give it a try this weekend, It will be my first trapped animal, who knows I might become hooked!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

With badgers is that 25 dollar price put up fur? When you put up a badger, does the buyer want them fur side out like a coyote or fur side in like a raccoon?
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Awesome stories Jerry!! I was laughing so hard when i read that stuff :lol: Levi i would love to see you tangle with one and scream like a girl :wink: I need to get done with school so i can get into this trapping stuff :D
Chris Lyon

Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

I got $25.00 for him in the round. Put up I imagine it will be another $25.00. Just my guess. I made a deal with the furbuyer. He don't pay me until Jan. That might not be the best thing the way the stock market is right now. Highly volatile., Here is a picture of a coyote I got today.

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

That is a Great Picture.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

your really raising some heck out there! I like that!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Good job jerry!! Keep piling them up.
Chris Lyon