Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: coyote weights

Post by Prairie Ghost »

And when i thought i had met some stupid people in my life someone goes ahead and says they shot a 115 lb coyote wow.........I need a drink!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

Ive handled literally thousands of coyotes (fur business). Our average in NE North Dakota is 25-30 pounds for females, slightly larger for males.

Ive only shot four over 40 lbs and were all males (one was DEFINATLY part domestic dog-had a face like a husky). The biggest ive seen was 55 lbs, weighed on a certified propane scale. I wonder if he didnt have domestic dog in him as well based on where he came from. (Same area all my 40 lbers come from, LOTS of "feral" domestic dogs).
Jake
coyotehunter

Post by Jake »

The eastern coyote is much larger than its western counterpart. Adult males in Pennsylvania weigh 45 to 55 pounds. The heaviest known male caught here weighed 62 pounds. Females are smaller, 35 to 40 pounds. The heaviest known female in Pennsylvania weighed 42 pounds. Total body length of eastern coyotes ranges from 48 to 60 inches.
This is Pa.
I don't where, that person would even come across a 100lb coyote :roll:
It is, What it is.
CrittrCallr
coyotehunter

Post by CrittrCallr »

And I was all set to trot out the .300WinMag :wink:
Moon
coyotehunter

Post by Moon »

Got lucky and nailed one. He was the largest I've seen for a while so I weighed him with my digital bathroom scale and he came in at #41 . The bad news is , my wife caught me carrying the scale back in the house ,with blood dripped all over it before I could get it cleaned up. I don't know why she got upset ,she doesn't like to get on that thing anyway..... :lol:
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Moon wrote:Got lucky and nailed one. He was the largest I've seen for a while so I weighed him with my digital bathroom scale and he came in at #41 . The bad news is , my wife caught me carrying the scale back in the house ,with blood dripped all over it before I could get it cleaned up. I don't know why she got upset ,she doesn't like to get on that thing anyway..... :lol:

LMAO!!
Coyotes Forever