Coyote pups

coyote studies

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Coyote pups

Post by Tim Anderson »

Randy. I agree the numbers may have always been there, but is'nt it also possable that some ranches would have a lower number of coyotes from year to year compared to other ranches or may even be void of coyotes for some reason?? When i call out there i don't always hit the same ranch twice unless i see the numbers and i'm also on a time limit so i just go where i have the best luck from year to year.. And like you mentioned some areas are tuff to get into and there are weather conditions i have to deal with so i just make the best of it..
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

good post Randy!!!
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Tim Anderson wrote:I willbe going out to my area in July forsure to do some denning and filming and then i can get a general idea of how many pups they are haveing.. I may also have time next week for a short trip depending on the weather and if work starts up..
Not going to be seeing many dens in July. I have only seen one myself. Pretty rare.
Coyotes Forever
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Youre right, Correction: I ment denning in the next week or so if i don't go back to work. July wouldbe calling to famaly groups or what evers there... :oops: :mrgreen:
coyotelatrans
coyotehunter

Post by coyotelatrans »

depends on what you call a den? I took a den last week up on a rocky butte 1/4 mile from sheep what we saw visually was an adult and 1 pup they had a nice deep hole in the rocks and other holes that where since abandon minus one fresh one with pup tracks going into it. The reason I called this a den was the fact there were 5-6 lamb skulls laying up there that had different aging signs to them asame with leg bones and wool parts. I know these coyotes from the looks of the area been there all summer and with the sheep being so close packed them up the hill, hence the reason the rancher thought his problem was lighter than what trully was. The lone lamb he found off course at this time was to big to pack off, so the reason he found it laying in the hayfield. The plane shot the male and another pup. These pups had some size but still remained and again my the evidance found where using these holes. That is where the bitch and pup went down into.
coyotelatrans
coyotehunter

Post by coyotelatrans »

Randy R have you thought about the possibility of less coyotes and less control that instead of these being first year bred coyotes they could possibly be a tad older giving you that increase in litter size? I have notcied most of my young bred females only kick out 1-3 pups and those past that say the 2-3 year old females are in prime condition and give you more pups. In times of less coyotes I would venture to guess your makeup would show a slight increase in age and not less?
Jake
coyotehunter

Post by Jake »

:) This was great Info. enjoyed seeyou can still teach an Old dog like me New tricks
Love info like this Keep it up!
It is, What it is.