Thompson Predator Round-up 2009

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Thompson Predator Round-up 2009

Post by Coyotehunter »

Coyotehunter.net will be holding a 1- day Predator hunting tournament in Thompson, North Dakota 26 December 2009 and would like to get you involved with this annual event. Check-in starts at 6:00 AM, The afternoon check-in will be at 6:00 PM.
This hunting tournament is a one-day contest, $40 per team (85% payback). 1st 30%, 2nd 25%, 3rd 20%, 4th 15%, & 5th 10% place finishes will be awarded to the teams with the highest 1-day total. Entry will be limited to 35 teams. Cash will be awarded for the largest and smallest coyotes (100% pay back). All rules will be strongly enforced. Go to http://www.coyotehunter.net for info on other up coming tournaments, rules, and accommodations.

http://www.coyotehunter.net/upload/09thompsonflyer.doc
http://www.coyotehunter.net/upload/thompson_rules.doc
Coyotes Forever
DakotaYota
coyotehunter

Re: Thompson Predator Round-up 2009

Post by DakotaYota »

I was wondering where we will meet in the morning. Plan on making it this year as long as work schedule doesnt change. Thanks
DakotaYota
coyotehunter

Post by DakotaYota »

So after some looking it appears like we will be meeting at the fireside grill. Work is cooperating. So we should make it. Rules appear to be pretty simple. Hope to see you all.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Looks like I am going to have to cancel the thompson tournament this year. Just to little interest.
Coyotes Forever
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Oh that sucks we were looking forward to hunting that this year. I can see why the day after Christmas might be hard though to get people together.

I was even going to drive down separately to our family Christmas in Fargo so I could drive back Christmas Day night so I could hunt the tourney! :(
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I know coyotehunter, is looking to make a few changes next year so we can draw more interest. It is very tough being the day after Christmas. Thanks for everyone that was interested!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
chans5

Post by chans5 »

i know of at least 4 teams that havent signed up that were gunna come.....
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i know there are coyotes around thompson and have killed a few in the area but it just is''nt quite the same as the wide open rollin hills and pastures like a bit more west. just my .02
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

With the lack of interest in this tournament, it will be impossible for the tournament director to even break even with money on this one. when you figure 24 hours of driving time total, and the cost of a hotel/motel, and the time it takes to contact the right people to verify things will be open, and getting everything set up; it will cost more money than what the tournament will pay out total :shock: I hate to say it, but this tournament just really lacks interest. For two years in a row, it only took one coyote to win the tournament :? Last year 2 coyotes won :( There is currently some research being done to figure out if this tournament should be moved about 30 miles away and allow hunters to get more into a few hills :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

lyonch

All very valid reasons. Thanks for the update!
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team