V.H. Mr. coyote contest

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: V.H. Mr. coyote contest

Post by Tim Anderson »

I don't remember the names of any that won.. Hook did'nt shoot he was late for the sign-up and did'nt make the list..Hook did help out with some of the shooting events though..
Jeff Rheborg
coyotehunter

Post by Jeff Rheborg »

Let me come to Hook's rescue. We had 23 entries with only 20 spots. We let all 23 participate, so we were full. Hook opted to give up his spot so we could get some new guys in.

We had a returning champion, Charlie Bland, take Mr. Coyote this year. It was a close competition for sure, 10 points seperated 1st from 3rd. 1st place got a big plaque, $50 and a coyote pelt that I snared off the VHA Range this past winter. Not the prettiest coyote but a pure VHA coyote. Next year we will be adding another discipline to the mix. You guys with the AR's will like this one. 4 shots at 4 gongs in 10 seconds, sounds easy but it's tough. The running coyote gave us some fits once again this year but I promise next year, be prepared, it's gonna move (fast).

Jeff.
Jeff Rheborg, President
The Varmint Hunters Assoc.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Hey Jeff if I enter can you make it so one comes in behind me.. LOL if you remember that story :oops:
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Way to go Hook. Hey TA how did you do in it or where did you place?? Did it take a 200 or better to place? Give us some details on your experiance..
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

It was a fun shoot and i did a little better this year. I think i took last but its alot better than getting dead last..LOL Its a good way to practice and gives you a good idea on what a hunter needs to improve on.. My thanks goes out to Jeff and the V.H. for haveing the MR. Coyote contest and look forward to it again next year.. And NO! I'm not getting a AR again.. :mrgreen:
Jeff Rheborg
coyotehunter

Post by Jeff Rheborg »

Daryl, daryl, daryl...... of course I remember the story, I think??? I have heard so many of your stories it's hard to remember them all... As far as a coyote coming in behind you for the Mr. Coyote, you will just have to sit backwards, how's that???

TA didn't finish last but it was close, (just kidding)... He did finish with a score of 210, winning score was 325, so there is room for improvement. TA keep coming back buddy, guys like you are what keep things like the Mr. Coyote contest going.

Take care,
Jeff.
Jeff Rheborg, President
The Varmint Hunters Assoc.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

LOL Jeff I think it's harder for me to keep track of your stories. I might have to make it a point to get there for this thing next year and give it a try. I might be down there at the bottom with TA but oh well. I will sit backwards as long as I can whisper to Randy that there is one behind me LOL.