Glendive Montana Coyote Hunt

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

thumpper23
coyotehunter

Re: Glendive Montana Coyote Hunt

Post by thumpper23 »

Probably would not have bothered me so much but I play by the rules but when you have an individual come in and brag about running over the yotes with sleds, kinda chapped my a## and then argue with me about it. Like critirgtr said about the deep snow and charlie-horsin up tuff work but we still played by the rules.

Up date on the letter actually made the front page kinda, they put a block on the bottom that read Fair Chase Rules not followed see page 4. Maybe now things will change when it comes to further coyote hunts ie coyote calling contests I want to thank all here for the moral support.
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

Lets hope it does get them rules changed and ENFORCED more.
This year I would give my left testie for a snowmobile but I wouldnt use it to chase down coyotes. I would use it to get back into the area where 90% of my good stands are at that you cant reach in a pick up or would take you 2 days to hike into. I just dont see where the excitement would be by running them over, then shooting them. The fun is in trying to out smart them and call them in close. Thats when it gets exciting. :D
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Wow great job of standing up for what you believe in!! If they would just state that snowmobiles are legal in the hunt and not cause all the confusion that would be fine but when you have a bunch of guys "hunting" coyotes competeing against a bunch of guys "chasing" coyotes it makes for a mess!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Prairie Ghost wrote:If they would just state that snowmobiles are legal in the hunt and not cause all the confusion that would be fine but when you have a bunch of guys "hunting" coyotes competeing against a bunch of guys "chasing" coyotes it makes for a mess!

AMEN BRAD!!!!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
thumpper23
coyotehunter

Post by thumpper23 »

Found out today that one of the people putting on the contest was actually incouraging the use of sleds to a couple of the teams when they signed up. Oh-well I stated my point now wait and see what happens in the future. Maybe I will just have to put on a calling contest or two next year.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

thumpper23 wrote:Found out today that one of the people putting on the contest was actually incouraging the use of sleds to a couple of the teams when they signed up. Oh-well I stated my point now wait and see what happens in the future. Maybe I will just have to put on a calling contest or two next year.
All you can do is mark it as lessoned learned! Just remember that for years to come, there are more tournaments out there that are for calling.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"