Glendive Montana Coyote Hunt

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Glendive Montana Coyote Hunt

Post by Critrgtr »

There will be more info coming soon on this but Glendive is having there coyote hunt on Jan. 29th and 30th this year. Would love to see some of you make it down for it.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: Glendive Montana Coyote Hunt

Post by lyonch »

Is it possible to post the format of this tournament? Im looking for blocks, temp checks, no airplanes, snowmobiles, all that good stuff. Sounds like it should be a good hunt.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

critter, do you know for sure what the rules are for non res. coming to montana to hunt coyotes. i've heard sevearal different answers so not exactaly sure whats up. some say we don't need anything some say we need a 5$ ??. some say we need a small game licence. whats the scoop. also, whats the deal in montana about the use of snowmobiles to chase coyotes
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

Bucksnbears I called the fish and game just now to find out if you needed anything to hunt coyotes from out of state and they said no you dont need anything. They said that if you hunt on any state land then you have to buy a $10 dollar conservation lic. :roll:
And as far as using snowmobiles to chase coyotes I am not sure on if its legal or not. I know a lot of people do use them for that. :evil: I dont mind people using them to get back to where they are going to go call. But dont use them for that. Save the fun for calling in my opionion.
I sent most of the info to Coyotehunter and he will be posting more of the details on here soon.
I do know that airplanes are not allowed during the hunt, They will do a temp check on the coyotes, I am 99% sure they dont allow shotguns for it.
Last year they had 181 people and the pay out was 1st $724.00, 2nd $543.00, 3rd $362.00, and 4th $181.00, And I know 5th didnt pay squat cause thats what I took. :oops:
There will be some great door prizes there and some really good boards to get in on.
hope to see some of you guys there. Keep watching for more info.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

thanks for the info Critter. in my last post i asked about snowmobile use, good they cannot be used in a tourny as they would REALLY encourge cheating. coyotehunter.net has great rules and hopefully other states that hold them will look at and follow them. one more question. can we hunt non-posted property??? what are the tresspass rules in your state. thanks again for your time. p.s. the way Mitch and Marty are cleaning up it may be best to hunt over near great falls :lol:
Last edited by bucksnbears on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

bucks I believe you need permission from the land owner!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

Ya I agree with Levi, I am pretty sure you need permission from the land owner. but there are lots of land owners around here that will let people on for coyotes. And there is a lot of block management land around espically south of town that has a lot of coyotes on it.
Ya thats true about hunting over by Great Falls or even farther with the way the M&M's have been doing. If they keep it up there going to be Legends in the coyote business.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Critrgtr wrote:
Ya thats true about hunting over by Great Falls or even farther with the way the M&M's have been doing. If they keep it up there going to be Legends in the coyote business.
they already are :) :) i can see it now. "NEW RELEASE" M&M'S ''Busting Coyotes with the Secrect Sound" :)
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

you don't need a license unless you're hunting state land. You do need permission on ALL land but it is given out easily so don't worry.

How many teams hunted last year?
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

Prairie Ghost there was 181 hunters that hunted in it last year but I cant remember for sure how many teams, but I want to say it was like 86 teams.
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

Ok here is a little more info on the Glendive coyote hunt.
Registration to be held at the Glendive City Fire Dept. Between 5pm and 7pm on Friday the 29th of Jan.
Cost is $25.00 per person.
Teams will consist of no more then 3 members with one vehicle.
Check in will be held at the EPEC begining at 5pm on Saturday the 30th of Jan. All teams must be back and checked in by 7pm or they will be disqualified.
Food will be catered by Reynolds and is covered with the cost of the entry fee.
Cash prizes awarded to the top 4 teams.
$50.00 Fox bonus for the team with the most fox.
Over $1,000 dollars in door prizes including a Ruger M77 25-06 with a scope givin away Saturday night (Must be present to win).
Boards will include a Taurus Judge .45/.410, a Tika T3 22-250, and a $350.00 gift cert. (You do not have to be present to win on the boards)
Early sign up will be available at Guns and Things for the 2 weeks prior to the hunt.

Sponsored by the Gate City Fire Fighters Association.
Questions, Call (406)-377-2361

Or if your interested and thinking of attending let me know on here. I can try to answer any questions you might have or I will try to find out for you.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

what are the rules.??? if people are going to use sleds i won't think of coming. also, is there muck state-public ground in the area. sorry for all the questions but i'm kinda new to this tourny stuff :oops:
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I'm confused on the times is it a night hunt also 5pm to 7pm the next night or did you mean 5am?

If you could post a link to the rules that would be great!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Post by Critrgtr »

The hunt starts Friday night after registration which is between 5pm and 7pm then there will be a rules meeting and then we are able to go start hunting if you wish to hunt at night.
Then check in starts at 5pm on Saturday and closes at 7 pm. Its a 24 hour hunt.

I will see what I can do about posting a link to the rules. Not sure if I know how but I will give it a shot later.
Sorry for any confusion. I am just the middle man here. And am not involved in putting it on.
thumpper23
coyotehunter

Post by thumpper23 »

well the rules state fair chase but the use of sleds were used by probably 75% of the teams, no DQ to whoever used sleds either. Some actually bragged about running them over. I own 2 sleds and they stayed on the trailer at home. I for one will have no part of the hunt next year. Pretty sad when ya gotta cheat using sleds to kill a mangy coyote and win a couple bucks. 24 hours 2 teams pulled in 17 dogs each. I busted my a## fighting the deep snow staying within the rules and never stood a chance so why should I put myself through the same thing again.