tourny question

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: tourny question

Post by LeviM »

:? :? :?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

no chaps Jaybic, i promise :wink:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Sick bastards.......i feel like i need to shower. :?
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

If you look at most tournaments, most of the time, the top teams are relatively local to the area.

Big plus in having home court advantage in most cases.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

barebackjack wrote:If you look at most tournaments, most of the time, the top teams are relatively local to the area.

Big plus in having home court advantage in most cases.
+1
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

Are most guys there to have fun or is it a knock down, drag out kinda thing? Seems there is a fair amount of money on the line. Thanks for all the replies .
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

I have only hunted one tournament...last years classic but I would say both. During the day time, everyone is very much about business and killing coyotes. After check in is over, bring on the beer seems to be the theme. Best of both worlds IMHO. :D

Jaybic
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i hunt the tournys for fun and to meet some good people. coyotehunter.net has a pretty good group of guys(and gals).as does the kenmare tourny. i have never had a competitive hunting bone in my body. could care less if someone shoots more coyotes,bigger buck, bigger fish ect. placing and winning some cash is just icing on the cake :wink: LeadB, there are still a couple coming up :wink:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
ducksmuggler
coyotehunter

Post by ducksmuggler »

I have put on a fishing tounry in MN that localy is meant to be a memorial.. It gets good 40 lbs. 6 fish stringers of walleyes is the norm for first place....

now back to the subject... I like the "fun" tounrys brings out the best of both worlds IMO... but if a guy like me doesn't have a calling partner that can make it out to an event. Is there a problem with a guy just hanging out and meeting some people??

thanks
Matt
If its good enough; Better is achievable
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Hell no thats not a problem. Most people would be glad to meet ya and have a beer. I would show up early for check in and you might find another hunter that his/her partner couldn't make it. I have also gotten in tourneys by myself and done ok.
"God hates a coward"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

DustyC wrote:Hell no thats not a problem. Most people would be glad to meet ya and have a beer. I would show up early for check in and you might find another hunter that his/her partner couldn't make it. I have also gotten in tourneys by myself and done ok.

Dustyc is 100% right!!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

You are certainly more than welcome to show up just to hang out and help out if you want. If you haven't hunted many tournaments i would highly suggest making it out for a few of the big ones and picking brains to get yourself on the right track. Once the beers come out everyone ususally talks about the day and strategie.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
ducksmuggler
coyotehunter

Post by ducksmuggler »

Well then, if thats the case....

I will have to see if I can getway for the valley city contest and join you guys.
If its good enough; Better is achievable