tourny question

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

tourny question

Post by leadbiscuit »

How do you fellas manage to scout and secure hunting permission for the tournaments you attend? It doesn't sound easy or cheap to do. Must take a fair amount of dedication. Also what is meant by calcutta, and what are the benefits of buying your team or someone else's?
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: tourny question

Post by Tim Anderson »

Some guys live close by to where a contest is held and others just keep comeing out to one and looking for new areas each time. A contest I enter just happens to be close by to a area I have hunted for a long time.. Look for public lands for starters and then start knocking on a few doors when you find some good spots..
Benifit of buying youre team or another is just a way to make some money to help pay for the trip if youre team wins or one that was bought.. Then there is big dog/ little dog, just another way for a team to pick up some extra cash even if they don't win the contest...
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

Thanks Tim
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

leadb, i spent alot of time this past spring/summer scouting/hunting diiferent areas of the state. i feel i learned more about coyotes and what it takes to find and kill them in that time frame than all my other years combined. i spent many $'s and put on a ton of miles but i'm glad i did. i can't think of one time that a landowner turned me down. as for the calcutta, it's basically just like an auction. others can bid on your team and your team will go to the highest bidder. if that team wins, the team that bought you can make a good amount of $.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Scouting is a very important part and yes it's expensive and time consuming. Most guys however scout during the wrong time of year. If you pick a tournament and start going every year then every year should get better. But you can do a lot of scouting in the spring and summer instead of sitting on a boat with a rod in your hand and get the jump even the first year.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

PG,
For a minute there I thought you were talking about fishing.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Fishing is for people that don't take their coyote hunting seriously enough! LOLOLOL :wink:
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

many days were spent out on a hot pasture wishin i was fishin, :wink:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Whoa,I thought you were talking about 'rod in hand' but you really were talking about fishing.Now I object. :lol:
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Damn Dirty Old Man :shock:
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Get you head out of the gutter Dick i gotta rib the fishermen from time to time!!!! :lol: :lol:
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Prairie Ghost wrote:Get you head out of the gutter Dick i gotta rib the fishermen from time to time!!!! :lol: :lol:
yeah, what goes on in a pasture,stays in the pasture :wink:
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

Christ on a bike with a one-legged nun walking a goat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what kind of broke-back mountain stuff is going on here????????????????????
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

jaybic wrote:Christ on a bike with a one-legged nun walking a goat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what kind of broke-back mountain stuff is going on here????????????????????
i'll learn ya when you come up for a fox hunt this winter :D
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

I hoping it works out man. Have you been seeing many reds so far this year.
Last edited by jaybic on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.