Kenmare Fire Department Coyote Hunt 2011

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Kenmare Fire Department Coyote Hunt 2011

Post by Coyotehunter »

KFD coyote hunt Jan 14th 15th
a one day hunt on the 15th.
Coyotes Forever
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Kenmare Fire Department Coyote Hunt 2011

Post by bucksnbears »

Tom and I won't make it this year Ron. would really like to as thats a fun time for sure. you guys run a good tourney. :D .
keep the beer cold for next year :wink:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
RJensen
coyotehunter

Post by RJensen »

We had a good turn out tonight, we registerd 27 teams for the hunt! We have hunters from North Dakota, Minnesota, and Wyoming. We have a Grandfather, Granddaughter team!! The calcutta went really well, total purse around $6500 to be paid out on the calcutta. High team sold for $900. Do not know what the weather will bring us, we totally missed the forecast they had for us today.

More to follow.
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Well we had a great day could have been a bit more wind to help with the noise of walking on shoes, Travis started us out with a fox, then me with a busted coyote running full out and rolled it at 336 yds and a couple follow up shots, Turns out its a dog I've been after for 3 years he was a 3 legged, smart old male with hardly any teeth 8) 2 years ago I did tip him over at about 400+ yards only to see him get up and walk away :evil: and many,many times he just out smarted me..kinda sad he's gone. going to skin him and find out a bit of what happened??? research, Then me agian had 3 coming only 2 comitted and at 100 yrds dropped the first and we talk about the second one :mrgreen: then while waiting to get picked up I howled and fooled with some calls then shot one while walking back to the road so 3 dogs 1 coyote...THEN I tryed a sneek on a bedded coyote acroos the field and down into a river bottom as I slid down the bank on my shoes I kept going into the water and snow to my arm pits,1 shoe came off, (thank god for rubber bindings) Short story dug to the ground on the bank held onto some grass enery move caused me to slide deeper 15-20 min later or it seemed I do get out and fished my lost shoe out, well this was a drop off so no ride I did find the coyote ranged him a 383 and missed stopped him and missed agian :mrgreen: by this time I"m one frozen icicle up to my nuts and one glove I can't get off. snow shoe with frozen slush on them must be 8lbs each and the water in my boots are keeping my feet warm :D any how Travis watched me shoot this coyote thought I hit it, so I told him about me almost dieing, but out I went to look no luck :( Now this all took me time I wasn't moving very fast so by the time Travis walked out to help and we get to the trk its a race to get back only to be late by 1 min :roll: well we didn't stay for the results and I would do it all over agian!!!! well maybe not the same way :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great tournament and waiting to see if we would have placed
Attachments
032edit.jpg
a proud member of the "IF" team
RJensen
coyotehunter

Post by RJensen »

Terry,

Wow you guys did have a day! I wonder if there is some way we can get a reality show out of this misfourtune. Thanks for showing up, enjoy seeing you at the hunt every year.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

TBush,
Sounds like a fun day! :D Dam glad I wasn't with we could have drowned together-Bucs can tell ya sometime about a similar thing that happened to me last week.Them shoes get HEAVY wet!!!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

WOW. so thats 3 of us that have went throuhg the ice this year with snowshoes on!!. a guys gotta be careful out there.
1 minite late??? the way you drive??? :shock: or was Travis driving and got stuck just a "little bit" :lol: . i was thinking about this tourney all weekend, i missed it :(
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes on that hunt Terry!! That can really put a guy in panic mode when he is stuck and can't get out! Thanks for the good story and details of the hunt :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!