Balta Predator Hunter Flyer 2008

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Yes the weather was bad :shock: real bad :shock: but we had ten teams of die hards and there were four coyotes killed. Enough door prizes to go around that I think everyone got three or four. All in all everyone seemed to have a good time.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Coyote 22-250
coyotehunter

Post by Coyote 22-250 »

:D they had to be some real die hards to be out in that weather. congrats to the guys that shot dogs. glad to hear everyone checked in safeley
Matt Monson

A.K.A Goose Bandit
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Results and pics? I heard the weather was awful.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Could you see anything, I know here in Fargo out in the country it was impossible to see 10ft in front of you. I know in Balta they got fresh snow, so I could only imagine. Congrats to the guys that were able to find the dogs!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Well the weather was horrible with gusting winds to 50mph along with 40 below temps but ten teams braved the weather for our small family run coyotehunt. We had people from Almont ND, Harvey ND, Steele ND, Bismarck ND, and even a fellow from MN along with people from the surrounding community. I personally would have stayed home I think if it was a hunt I was not part of running.
Our second place team was from left to right Tim Finley, Jesse Suckut, and Damon Finley. They were lucky enough to connect with a coyote to win them $115 cash along with plaques and Tim was the lucky winner of a Caldwell shooting rest and a large cooler filled to the top with all sorts of goodies.
Our first place team consisted of Kelly Johnson and Todd Heid who were couragous enough to brave the cold and put the hurt on three coyotes along with the hurt on Kellys left ear man it looked painfull. Those 3 coyotes earned them $185 cash, Plaques for not only first but for largest coyote and smallest coyote which also earned them and additional $90. But there winnings didn't go far for these unfortunate fellows whose alternator on there vehical locked up right as they pulled up to check in. So we put them up for the night and were able to get ahold of the owner of the Rugby Napa to get them some parts and my Dad fixed them up. I want to thank everyone that was brave enough to join us I know I had fun even with being under the weather. I also want to thank my Mom for all the hard work she puts into this hunt to make sure everyone has a good time and almost everyone gets a hot meal and a doorprize or well this year I think most got three. Shortly after the hunt last year we found out she had cancer and she fought a long hard battle and made sure everyone again had a good time so if you every meet her or if you already know her, give her a pat on the back and say Thanks.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

congrats gentlemen!!! that is just poor weather for a tourney too bad it wasn't a little nicer to help prduce some more teams.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I like that dedication good job guys
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!