Predator hunt February 9th, 2007-Cogswell, ND

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

weatherby 300

Post by weatherby 300 »

I'm not tring to argue either, but most of the people from this area follow the regs. and try to report anything that is not right. I hope people will try this hunt anyway and have a good time.

the yotes were 75-150 yrds out but i hunt to remove pests not for furs .300 Wrby 180gr.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

You will always have few bad eggs! Good luck, Keep it safe, shoot straight!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

There ar lots of tournaments out there to choose from now a days. Tournament directors need to realize that teams have options and that the good teams are not going to spend good money and time to hunt a tournament that has no concept on how to run a coyote tournament.
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

very well said jamie. I agree 100% percent that if you want good teams to come and produce dogs you need to know how to put on a tournament. Jamie you know how to do that and thats why you get such great turn outs. Yeah levi our eyes dont lie do they :shock:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Thats a really good point, I don't even closely consider our team a "good" but we have our personal preference of what tournaments we like to hunt. I would be more than happy to spend money on a tournament that I personally feel is fair. Chris and I already have our tournament schedule for next year figrued out! I will keep coming back I feel everyone is being treated fairly. Just my thoughts
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
cattle350

Post by cattle350 »

I took part in this hunt last year. I though it was ran just fine, This is a coyote hunt not a calling contest. Maybe a few teams did do somethings that wasn't quite right, but that isn't the respondability of the club. The club can not go out with every team and police the way they hunt. I hope every hunter that takes part understands that. The club is just trying to put together a fun day for the hunters and reduce the population of the coyotes at the same time. I know I'll take part in the event, I hope alot of other people will too.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

There is a fine line between having fun, and hunting legally! If G&F would of been there last year there would of been a good handfull of tickets handed out! Its pretty sad the tournament director told us he "hopes like hell G&F isn't around"
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Coyotehunter wrote:There ar lots of tournaments out there to choose from now a days. Tournament directors need to realize that teams have options and that the good teams are not going to spend good money and time to hunt a tournament that has no concept on how to run a coyote tournament.
This statement is not directed at anyone in particular. It is just a fact that there are lots of tournaments to choose from and teams will not come back if they do not feel as if they have a fair shake. It is frustrating finding out that at the end of the day the rules are not being followed or enforced.
Coyotes Forever
cattle350

Post by cattle350 »

I'm member of these club and I help run these tournment. I don't believe the director would make comment like that. We don't need negative comments made about these tournment, we are tryig to put good tournment on. We what people to come and have a good time and enjoy the day. If there is illegal hunting going on then it should be reported to to game & fish, it is not the respondability of the club to take that action. The club can't police every hunter that enters this contest. I 'm not saying that we are perfect, we learn something every year to improve this tournment, and we are open to any suggestion from the hunters. Thank You.