Valley City tournament

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: Valley City tournament

Post by LeviM »

Chris brought to my attention that the Valley City hunt will be January 30th, 2009.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Does anyone have any specifics on this hunt? I know there are some key individuals with this hunt are trying to get it turned around and pointed in the right direction :D Anyone have any other specifics besides the date?
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
vmax

Post by vmax »

Saturday, Jan 30. 1-3 man teams, Registration 6 to 8am Hilltop Cafe, check in at VC Eagles Club 6:30pm. All coyote will be blocked and temperature checked. No snowmobiles or ATV's. One vehicle per team. Ties will be determined by check in time.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

anyone have results??
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
rufusleeking

Post by rufusleeking »

These results are not official. It's what I remember from the announcements at the chili feed....

1st place was 9 dogs ($400-450 prize)
(don't remember 2nd, but I think it was 8)
3rd was 4 ($128 prize)
4th and 5th were 1 dog and the tie was broken by time of check-in. They won $67.

I didn't catch how many total dogs were killed. My buddies and I estimated the final number to be in the low 30s.

Big dog was somewhere around 32-33 lbs.
Little dog was 20 lbs and change

27 teams
60 participants

1 team got pinched by the warden. No details were offered as to what they were doing. They're apparently going to be banned from next (maybe more) year's event.

AGAIN: THESE RESULTS ARE NOT OFFICIAL. I am just going by what I remember or think I heard.

My team -- we got 0. This was our first tournament and only our 3rd time out hunting coyotes. We saw a total of 4 and had a shot at one. Long story short, I panicked and missed. I was looking off in one direction doing my calling and minding my own business and here I look over to my left and there's a coyote about 75 yards away just looking at me wondering what I'm trying to prove. I scrambled and he stayed put, but I was just too surprised to hold 'er steady. I missed. Still, I consider our hunt a success because it's the first time we've successfully brought anything in. The previous two times out we didn't see anything and I was beginning to wonder if our calling was so bad it was scaring them away.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Thanks for the info!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

thanks for the info. Glad to here you got a shot at least.
Coyotes Forever