Thompson Predator Round-up 2008

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Daryl
coyotehunter

Re: Thompson Predator Round-up 08'

Post by Daryl »

Results guys !!!
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Im sure when jamie gets time he will post the final results. There were 6 coyotes shot and i think there were around 10 teams there. Two coyotes won the tournament and were called and shot as a pair on the first stand. I will let jamie post names. Levi and i had the worst day we have ever had in North Dakota hunting coyotes. We only saw one that was bedded and wasn't able to get em. That was the only coyote we saw and the only tracks sawn were his/hers. The snow was so deep that with snow shoes on it was knee deep in some areas and if you took the snow shoes off it was nut deep and you had to walk with your knees through the snow :evil: :evil: . Any one of you tell me you like the snow again it will be on at the classic :wink: I feel the snow is what hurt us in this tournament. I dont think they wanted to exert that much energy into coming to a distresses animal.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Well widen up them snowshoes Lyonch because out west here is no better in fact snow warning tonight for another 6 inches.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Daryl is there a crust formed on the snow yet or is it all powder and fluff yet??
Chris Lyon

Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Some of the old stuff is crust but the last couple storms we got it's all powder. So you will sink to your nuts then hit the crust :lol:
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

Lyonch,

You basically summed up the entire day for us too. I didn't even see a track! my partner saw one set. That was the entire day. I didn't do much on Sunday except sleep in. We went to spots that we had confirmed coyotes from before. zip, zero, zilch! They just weren't moving, to much fluffy snow plain and simple.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

that much snow makes hunting a bitch!!!! I am still sore today.... I absolutely hate snow!!!

Someone that likes this much snow, please explain to me why?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Yeah out west its deep too. We limited out on pheasants the day after Christmas (north of bismarck) but had to work for them. Most were in farm steads trees and since I'm 29 and my father in law is 60 I got to walk thru the mid theigh snow so he could shoot them. It was fun. Suck it up you pansies! :lol:

Oh and I shot my three too.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I am not afraid to work for a coyote but when it comes to the point when it is cold as hell and they wont even respond to a call it is not worth wading through nut deep snow trying to be on LOCATION!! I dont care what shape your in or how old someone is; when they tell me that they love the deep snow and tell me to suck it up i will flat out tell them they can kiss my A$$ :!: your fricken human and you have a brain that can process thoughts and think logically thats why your on top of the food chain. Dont be a dumba$$ and tell everyone that you enjoy hunting in nut deep snow. I suppose the next story i will hear is some guy ran down a coyote in that deep of snow and got him!! If i only coyote hunted 2 to 3 times a year and had to put up with that much snow then i wouldn't mind it, but when it comes to hunting coyotes every weekend in the winter it will take a toll on anyone both physically and mentally. If there is some type of a crust formed or it is packed snow then snow shoes work awesome. So if you hunt coyotes more than 2 to 3 weekends a year and shoot more than 5 a year give me one good reason why you love that deep of snow and i will quit bitching about how i hate snow and you can tell me to suck it up all you want. Oh and by the way what happen to hunting smarter not harder :wink:
Chris Lyon

Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

:shock: Lyonch were you not hugged enough as a child?
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Geez are you going to be ok!?

I have 4 for the year so after I get my next one I will tell you to suck it up again! LOL
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

lyonch wrote:but when it comes to hunting coyotes every weekend in the winter it will take a toll on anyone both physically and mentally.
i don't think i would be bitching if i got to hunt every weekend! you have it made!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Fallguy wrote:
lyonch wrote:but when it comes to hunting coyotes every weekend in the winter it will take a toll on anyone both physically and mentally.
i don't think i would be bitching if i got to hunt every weekend! you have it made!

Thats by choice for you!! Im not out hunting for shits and giggles. Im out to try to win tournaments. I told my fiance the day we met that in the fall and winter i hunt every opportunity that exists and that if she didn't like it then she can go find someone else.

Daryl i would have loved to see your winnie the pooh figure rolling throught that snow this past weekend!!
Chris Lyon

Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

enjoy it while you can that will change when you have little ones!
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Well you saw Levi didn't you. Pretty sure I would look the same. :wink: