Balta Predator Hunter January 31, 2009

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Balta Predator Hunter January 31, 2009

Post by bucksnbears »

just wondering how the weather turned out for the tourny??? i drove up from moorhead fri. afternoon to minot and my brother called and said winds were to be 50+ mph.on sat. so i backed out. i left for home at 7.00am and was going to hunt back to moorhead was south of minot at shooting light. at about 9 or so saw 3 way out and began a sneak on em. the wind was maybe 30-35. got 1/4 mile out and the wind picked up to ":HOLY S--T" speed. :shock: couldnt see the truck, had to follow my tracks in the snow back.i,ve never seen the wind pick up that hard that fast. it was actually kinda scary.roads were god awfull from lake audobon to hurdsfield. hope everone had a fun and safe hunt. p.s thanks daryl for calling me back with my questions.i appreciate it.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Well a quick run down on the hunt. The wind did hit 30mph or so but the weather was warm around 30+ degrees. We had seven coyote located before 10 and worked them all day with no luck at getting any killed. We had 12 teams entered in which 7 teams returned with coyotes. Two teams shot 3 coyotes and the rest were singles. There were some guys talking about getting stuck and such but none really complaining to bad about the wind. First place went to Tory Heid, Kelly Johnson and Luke Deeter. They had first place and the largest coyote at 35.12lbs. Second place went to Jeff (Buckwheat) Berdahl and B. Radomski and they also had the smallest coyote at 25.3lbs. We had a bunch of great sportsman and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Thanks to all who attended!!!
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Good to hear some coyotes were shots, wish we could of made it, its just wasn't economical for us to drive all that way, spend all that money for a tough day weather wise of hunting. Congrats to the winners.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Good job Tory, Kelly, and Luke on your first place finish!!! My hats off to the teams who attended and shot coyotes!!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Daryl sorry we din't make it :( We did play the weather game :wink: But my daughter also had a cattle show so I went and helped there, I WILL HUNT THIS SOME YEAR :D Glad all went safe!!!
a proud member of the "IF" team
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Wow sounds like it was a tough day congrats to the winners that is some tough conditions.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
shooter93
coyotehunter

Post by shooter93 »

How hard is it to set up a contest, we dont have alot of clubs out here, they have a contest pretty close to here but it isnt a calling contest, it is shoot and kill, most of us callers will not even sign up for it
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

were are you located.
Coyotes Forever
shooter93
coyotehunter

Post by shooter93 »

im in cali along ways from alot of you