kenmare tournament

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

The fact of the matter is: There isn't a tournament director out there that wants someone to cheat but if you don't have strict rules and enforce them there is a good chance that someone will. If they don't at least if you have strict rules every participant in the tournament is confident that no was able to cheat and that is the key to having a tournament with teams coming back every year.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
RJensen
coyotehunter

Post by RJensen »

ok, well I guess it was a dumb assumtion on our part (I) am sorry!

Ron
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Ron I hope i didn't affend you in any way i was just trying to show you why i disagreed with the no morning check ins thats all
TURK
coyotehunter

Post by TURK »

I JUST THINK IT WOULD BE LESS TROUBLE.... FOR U RON
BUT LIKE I SAID IT IS A GREAT AREA TO HAVE A HUNT THERE ARE DOGS ALL OVER THE AREA... AND I THINK IT IS A VERY GOOD DEAL FOR U GUYS...

ARE U GUYS HAVING THE AWARDS DOWN AT DANNYS.. VERY GOOD FOOD THERE..

I DONT KNOW MAYBE ILL HAVE TO TAKE SOME VAC AND COME UP THERE AND GIVE IT A TRY AGAIN....

ILL HAVE TO TRY FIND ME A PARTNER FROM BISMARCK THAT SHOOTS 48 COYOTES IN WYOMING.... TO HUNT WITH ME IF HE HAS THE WEEKEND OFF

SEND ME SOME RULES AND STUFF FOR THAT BABY WHEN YOU GET THEM UP AND READY
RJensen
coyotehunter

Post by RJensen »

well we are gonna discuss the handing out of the blocks. But we want it so that everyone has to be their Saturday night, at least one team member to attend the rules meeting, and stuff that has to be covered, also, we are going to have Jamie put on a seminar, which would be one of the highlights. As far as food goes, if you are in the hunt, your food is free, the departments aux. is going to put on a feed both nights, agian free to those in the hunt! We feel that it is very important to have the rules meeting attended by everyone, cause there are alot of people that have not done this blocking before, and the rules are more strict than what GF has. We are also hoping that by getting people there the night before, we can have a social, that people would be able to talk with other hunters, and share ideas! THe night of the hunt is going to be fairly busy with the results of the hunt, and stuff, plus we are all like kids, if we get enough fresh air, most of us will be tired, and want to go to bed.

Ron
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Brad I agree! I am not keen on the whole friday night meeting. That means if us out of town hunters are going to go one of us for sure has to take vacation. I have never taken vacation for a coyote tourney till I requested vacation for the classic in Dickenson but that is a 2 day hunt. This also includes the cheating that can happen. Hunts are suppose to be simple why make food for 2 nights when everything could be done in one day. It just seems things are getting way to complicated for a first time hunt like calcutta's, night before seminars, when the # of people that will attend is not known. I also think the entry fee is kinda high it has to be the highest in ND besides the Dakota Classic not. Why not have a $40 entry fee $10 for big dog $10 for little dog and have %80 payback on tourney and %100 on Big dog little dog. Your asking people from out of town to come to the hunt and give a $20 donation to your FD. I have talked to at least 4 teams that had there heart set on going till they heard they had to make a $20 donation. I am still up in the air on this I want to go but why take vacation and pay $70 for entry fee when I can drive thirtey miles to New Salem and hunt there tourney for a $40 entry fee. I am not trying to upset anyone I just want you to know my thoughts on this even though they aren't worth 2 cents :D
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Well, I talked with Ron and it looks like they will be passing out the blocks Saturday morning. Everything else for Friday night will remain the same, Calcutta, rules meeting, supper etc. Lets not forget that the Kenmare Fire department will be trying to raise some money for a new fire hall and that in order for there to be any kind of pay out they need to cover some of their expenses as well. I will be runnig the check-ins and that will mean my rules. I understand peoples concern about expenses but it is nice also for North Dakota coyote hunters to help support North Dakota communities. All tournament directors should understand how much work it is putting on an event and I personaly feel that we should all support one another. The first year of the Classic I swore it would be my last. I am glad I stuck with it and have met some really great hunters over the years. If a team can not make it until Saturday morning then we will check them in at that time. We will go over the rules with them that morning. Teams checking in Saturday will have to wait until after going over the rules before letting them go out the door. Blocks will be passed out at 5:00 am Saturday morning, and go over the rules for any teams that check in Saturday morning soon after the first group gets going.
Last edited by Coyotehunter on Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Your right Jamie SORRY :oops:
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

You know how tough it can be trying to make everyone happy. :)
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Personnaly i like the idea of higher entry fees. That will ween out the guys that aren't serious and for the most part the guys that are serious callers aren't the ones that are going to cheat it's the guys that don't know how to call that like to run them with sleds or some other slob way of harvesting. Any the bigger paychecks are also nice if your lucky enough to place :D
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Your right guys MY BAD :?