kenmare tournament

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Ya date, entry fee, do we need to pre-register things like that may be helpful! Thanks :D
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
RJensen
coyotehunter

kenmare tournament

Post by RJensen »

Ok guys we finally got things put together, and the Kenmare coyote hunt is going to happen, here are the full details, I would appreciate it if you could give me some of your addresses so I could mail you flyers that you could put up in the places that you work, or places that would help us get the word out on this tourney!

The Kenmare Fire Department will be hosting a 1 day coyote hunt, Jan. 20th 2007 in Kenmare ND., as a fund raiser for a new fire hall.
The coyote hunt will be headquartered at the Memorial Hall in Kenmare.
There will be seminars on coyote hunting, and lots of door prizes, and meals for contestants in the hunt.
There is a $70 entry fee per 2 man team, ($20 to KFD-$50 to payback).
Payback will be (1) 30%, (2) 25%, (3) 20%, (4) 15%, (5) 10%. There will also be a big coyote, little coyote contest, $20 entry fee, 100% payback on this contest.

The tournament will get underway JAN. 19TH AT 7pm. int the Memorial Hall, beginning with a rules meeting THAT MUST BE ATTENDED BY 1 TEAM MEMBER.
Next there will be a calcutta auction sponsored by Kenmare Vets Club Inc.
Come and have some fun, and support the Kenmare Fire Department!
Pre register by Jan. 6th 2007
For rules and entry forms contact-
Ron Jensen (701) 848-6167 or 385-4067
email binderbob@hotmail.com

Nate Condit (701) 385 -3061 or 385-4227 work

Ed Pullen (701) 848-6199 or 385-4335

Feel free to leave messages on voice mails, we will get back to you!

KFD
Box 621
Kenmare, ND 58746.
TURK
coyotehunter

Post by TURK »

I WAS WONDERING ONCE THE GUY CHECKS IN AT 7PM ON FRI NIGHT

ARE YOU GUYS ALL GOING TO MEET IN THE MORNING ON THE 20TH ALSO
I SURE HOPE PEOPLE ARE MEETING IN THE MORNING.. AND GET THE BLOCKS AND ALL
RJensen
coyotehunter

Post by RJensen »

why do you want us to meet agian the morning of the 20th?
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Are you not doing a morning checkin or just the night before? So anytime from Friday night till Sat night you can hunt? What method are you going to use for tagging coyotes will there be blocks or just using a honor system? Whats the checkin time Sat night? :? Just some things people may want to know!!
Last edited by Daryl on Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TURK
coyotehunter

Post by TURK »

YOUR GOING TO GIVE THE BLOCKS OUT FRI NIGHT..
AND THE HUNT DONT START TILL SAT MORNING AT 7:00AM
ALOT OF HOURS FROM 7:00PM FRI NIGHT TO 7:00 AM SAT MORNIN
AND YES I UNDERSTAND YOU WILL BE CHECKING TEMPS OF THE DOGS. AND YES I KNOW THIS IS THE WAY THEY DO IT IN SD SOMEPLACES... JUST MY 2 CENTS
AND ALSO FOR THOSE PEOPLE THAT DONT LIVE AROUND KENMARE LIKE MINOT OR MAX STANLEY AND PLACES THAT ARE A HOUR OUT.. THEN THEY HAVE SPEND MORE MONEY ON A MOTEL.. AND THIS IS NOT A MONEY MAKING DEAL.. I MEAN ALL IN FUN.. AND IT IS HARD TO HAVE FUN WHEN YOU GOT SAY 60.00 IN A ROOM AND YOU HAVE NOT EVEN HUNTED YET..
IM JUST TRYING TO HELP PULL PEOPLE FROM OTHER AREAS.. TO MAKE IT MORE SUCESSFUL FOR U GUYS.. CAUSE KENMARE IS A GREAT AREA FOR THIS UNT TO HAPPEN.. AND I HOPE U DO GREAT...
NOT TRYING TO MAKE ANYONE MAD AND LIKE I SAID IM NEW TO THIS STUFF ALSO JUST GOIN FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN IN THE TOURNYS AROUND HERE..

I JUST THINK YOU WOULD PULL MORE PEOPLE FROM PLACES OUT OF KENMARE IF YOU GUYS MEET IN THE MORNING...
Last edited by TURK on Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RJensen
coyotehunter

Post by RJensen »

I will post the rules when they get finalized
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I believe the valley city tournament is the end of January or the first part of February. Brad do you know when it is going to be this year.
TURK
coyotehunter

Post by TURK »

NEW SALEM HUNT IS JAN 20 ALSO
IT IS GOOD TO SEE THE TOURNYS GOING ON.. JUST TO BAD THAT SOME ARE ON THE SAME WEEKEND.. :?
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I haven't got a flyer for Valley City yet but i have had some address changes. Jamie can you get a hold of Gary Will or Gary Riedamen (sp?) I believe that the steele tourney is the first weekend in Febuary but don't quote me on that
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Steele is the first weekend of Feb and Balta is the second weekend of Feb.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I'm not real big on the no morning check in. There is a lot of things that can happen at night and if they have their blocks it is going to encourage the thoughts of night hunting. If there isn't a whole lot of coyotes to double check the temps with from that morning it is going to turn into a problem not having the data to show the team why their coyotes are being DQ'd for being cold.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I will get ahold of those guys and get some confirmation on the dates.
TURK
coyotehunter

Post by TURK »

I AGREE WITH U 100% BRAD ..
RJensen
coyotehunter

blocks the night before

Post by RJensen »

I guess the reason that we were thinking of the blocks the night before was that if someone wanted to come from a distance to get their blocks and head back to a home area to hunt, it would be convienant for them. The other thing, is we would not end up with a bunch of hunters stumbling over each other in such a small area. NOW, Our hope is that everyone realizes that this is a fun event, and a fund raiser for our Fire Dept. guys we are doing our best to put on a good hunt. Believe it or not, we hope no one wants, or will cheat! Yeah, I suppose it could happen, but we are in no way wanting to promote it! I will talk it over with Jamie agian, and see what he thinks, we have him doing the format of this tournament, an if he feels that we should go to the morning check in, so be it we will!!

Ron