Kenmare Coyote Tournament January 17, 2009

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tbush
coyotehunter

Re: Kenmare Coyote Tournament January 17, 2009

Post by Tbush »

Heres a pic of Tbushjr after an hour and even with shoes on.. armpit snow, he said he used the coyote to push himself to the surface to get out :shock:
Attachments
008edit.jpg
008edit.jpg (91.42 KiB) Viewed 13148 times
a proud member of the "IF" team
rhino
coyotehunter

Post by rhino »

Tbush said it perfectly. Worst day I have ever hunted. But it was great to get out and hunt a tournament I thought was run top notch. I had a very good time and the food was excellent. Just an all around good time. We shot 1 and missed one. Pretty tough going. Next trip to Scheels I think snowshoes are on the list. :) Great job :D needs to go out to the KFD for a very good hunt and good time. Looking forward to next year.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

How many did it take to win?
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
rhino
coyotehunter

Post by rhino »

RJensen
coyotehunter

Post by RJensen »

Thanks for all the good compliments guys, we try hard to make the hunt the best time for everyone that attends. Had alot of compliments about the gun cases that we handed out to the guys that hunted the hunt. Of all the stories of guys being stuck with pickups, and some of em stuck with snowshoes, I would have to say the guys that hunted this tournament were the Iron Men of coyote hunting!

All of us that worked the hunt really enjoyed Jerry Hunsley and Wiley's company, they were so great to have up here this year. And for those of you that say dogs don't watch TV, we found out otherwise!

We are getting stuff sorted out, and will have places and a press release written up to post about our hunt shortly.

please stay tuned!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

what a day it was!!!!! kinda suprised there were any dogs taken at all considering the wind was blowing 30+ .we headed for the hills hoping the wind would be better and viz would also. ended up seeing 15 coyotes and 3 fox which suprised us. the deep snow really hampered our efforts as i'm sure it did everyones. hell, i thought i was going to have to call a chopper to go fetch my brother out from the middle of a crp field. first ever coyote tourny, kind of spur of the moment. seen it advertised on wed. 14th. called up my bro and he said sure. drove from western minn. he's from minot. we ended up with 2 coyotes n 1 fox. i misses a "gimme" at 90 yard. blew his foot off but was to late in the day to persue as we were along way from headquarters an needed to get to gettin.. we were in 3rd place at check in but ended up getting 1 coyote disquallified for to cold internal temp. kinda sucks as we were driving a saburban and had to keep or coyotes outside to comply with the rules. strapped them to the luugage rack. the 1 disqualoffied was toward the front and took the brunt of the wind-chill from 9.00am till 6.50 pm. hence the colder temp reading. can't blame the judges though, they had a tough call to make and i as a judge would have probably done the same.all n nall it was a good time and hope to do the same next year. lets hope gas $ are down and our new president see's the 2nd ammendment as it is written :!: :!: only complaint is for gods sake, put the beer on ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

bucksnbears wrote:what a day it was!!!!! kinda suprised there were any dogs taken at all considering the wind was blowing 30+ .we headed for the hills hoping the wind would be better and viz would also. ended up seeing 15 coyotes and 3 fox which suprised us. the deep snow really hampered our efforts as i'm sure it did everyones. hell, i thought i was going to have to call a chopper to go fetch my brother out from the middle of a crp field. first ever coyote tourny, kind of spur of the moment. seen it advertised on wed. 14th. called up my bro and he said sure. drove from western minn. he's from minot. we ended up with 2 coyotes n 1 fox. i misses a "gimme" at 90 yard. blew his foot off but was to late in the day to persue as we were along way from headquarters an needed to get to gettin.. we were in 3rd place at check in but ended up getting 1 coyote disquallified for to cold internal temp. kinda sucks as we were driving a saburban and had to keep or coyotes outside to comply with the rules. strapped them to the luugage rack. the 1 disqualoffied was toward the front and took the brunt of the wind-chill from 9.00am till 6.50 pm. hence the colder temp reading. can't blame the judges though, they had a tough call to make and i as a judge would have probably done the same.all n nall it was a good time and hope to do the same next year. lets hope gas $ are down and our new president see's the 2nd ammendment as it is written :!: :!: only complaint is for gods sake, put the beer on ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good attitude, great post.
Coyotes Forever
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Great sportsmanship :D :D
a proud member of the "IF" team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

bucksnbears - i wish everyone had that attitude when it comes to diqualifing a coyote!!! My hats off to you for being such a great sport about it 8) You have no idea how good it makes a tournament official feel when he tosses a coyote to the side and isn't immediately climbed all over.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

bucksnbears wrote:what a day it was!!!!! kinda suprised there were any dogs taken at all considering the wind was blowing 30+ .we headed for the hills hoping the wind would be better and viz would also. ended up seeing 15 coyotes and 3 fox which suprised us. the deep snow really hampered our efforts as i'm sure it did everyones. hell, i thought i was going to have to call a chopper to go fetch my brother out from the middle of a crp field. first ever coyote tourny, kind of spur of the moment. seen it advertised on wed. 14th. called up my bro and he said sure. drove from western minn. he's from minot. we ended up with 2 coyotes n 1 fox. i misses a "gimme" at 90 yard. blew his foot off but was to late in the day to persue as we were along way from headquarters an needed to get to gettin.. we were in 3rd place at check in but ended up getting 1 coyote disquallified for to cold internal temp. kinda sucks as we were driving a saburban and had to keep or coyotes outside to comply with the rules. strapped them to the luugage rack. the 1 disqualoffied was toward the front and took the brunt of the wind-chill from 9.00am till 6.50 pm. hence the colder temp reading. can't blame the judges though, they had a tough call to make and i as a judge would have probably done the same.all n nall it was a good time and hope to do the same next year. lets hope gas $ are down and our new president see's the 2nd ammendment as it is written :!: :!: only complaint is for gods sake, put the beer on ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hats off to you man, Great sportsmanship!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Sounds like a fun tournament with some HARD conditions!

Kudos to you for accepting a DQ'd coyote. I am sure it was frustrating but hopefully others learn from your example.

Gotta have the beer on ice...geez what were they thinking! :lol:
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Great attitude i think those game carriers for the reciever hitch are the way to go on suburbans but they can get you stuck i've heard so that wouldn't be good either.

again great way to handle it and good job of getting out there and knocking some fur over in your first tournament
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

A huge thanks to all who have posted and said the kind words 8) . i thought the averege person would just say we were trying to cheat and drag us in the mud. you all have proven me very wrong. goes to show what kind of people hunt these tourneys. you'all seem to be first rate people and would be proud to call you all my friends. i also think we hunt these tournys not for the $$ but for the love of the sport and the comradery. the $$ is just the by-product of a lucky day. was hoping to hunt the balta this week-end but dont think my bro can make it. picked a terrible time to start remodeling his home read-(p*%^$ -whipped) i may still come with the wife, shes my best hunting partner anyway but not worth a crap with a high power. again, thanks 4 the kind words and hope to meet you all in the future. by the way there has been no postings that i can find on the results of the kenmare tourny.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
RJensen
coyotehunter

Post by RJensen »

Winners for the 2009 Kenmare Coyote Hunt.

1st Bernie Knutson and Dave Gins 3 coyotes $510

2nd Tim Mau and Gary Dorvel 3 coyotes $425

3rd George Knutson and Alex Knutson 2 coyotes $340

4th Ryan Aufforth and Jared Mahlum 2 coyotes $255

5th Brian Braash and Todd Gathman 2 coyotes $170

A total purse payout of $1700 was paid to 1st through 5th place.

Big Dog Little Dog payout was a total of $640

Big Dog winners was Tim Mau and Gary Dorvel $380
Little Dog winners was Bernie Knutson and Dave Gins $320

Vets Club Inc. sponsored our Calcutta the purse For this was $6120 the auction was conducted by Haugland Auction.

1st place recieved $2456
2nd place recieved 1535
3rd place recieved 1228
4th place recieved 614
5th place recieved 307

In the calcutta, some teams bought themselfs others did not, 1st place did not buy themselves.

I think the above posts pretty much detail what conditions were like that day. Agian, it was a fun event, and the committee had a great time this year putting on our hunt.

We want to take this time to thank all teams for their sportsmanship! If you read the above posts you will see that it is possible to hunt in a hunt, and have things happen, and still have a good time! My only comment on this is that every person that enters a coyote tournament follow the example that was set by 2 hunters that attended our hunt!

Every hunter that attended our hunt was given a gun case that was embroidered. The gun cases were donated by Kenmare Goosefest, and the embroidery cost was picked up by donations from people that want to see this hunt continue, and supporters of our Fire Department. Also, there were several other doorprizes that were donated by other supporters of our Fire Dept. Both far and near.

I don't want to go out and list people individually, as I would hate to miss anyone, but a big thankyou to all that donated or helped in any way, our hunt was great because of what you did for us!

One group I have to thank is our Firemans Auxillary, they prepared the food for our hunt, and as everyone knows, you have to thank the cook!