Richey MT Coyote Contest

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

204Shooter

Richey MT Coyote Contest

Post by 204Shooter »

Does anyone plan on hunting this contest Dec 12 ,13, 14 , sounds like the weather could be bad?
Daryl
coyotehunter

Re: Richey MT Coyote Contest

Post by Daryl »

Never heard of that one.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
B Herdegen

Post by B Herdegen »

I'm originally from that area. It has fair hunting ground it gets better south east of Vida a little ways.
204Shooter

Post by 204Shooter »

Well Just recovering from the Richey MT Coyote Contest over the weekend, 25 teams entered the contest, 1st place had 6 coyotes, My team and 4 others tied for 2nd and one other team had 1, It was a very bad weekend but we decided to hunt hard, when the calcutta was over we hunted hard all night thinking that it would be our only chance to get any coyotes, we were right, we ended up calling several spots and manage to get 2, about 3am the wind really picked up, so we headed home, we were out again at 8am and called tell about noon with no luck, we could barely see and it was COLD, we decided to drive aways and hit some spots in some deep ravines but still no luck, Sunday was about the same, we made our way back to Richey, hitting a few spots with no luck, It was a good time with the boys, and as soon as the wind quits blowing I will be out calling hard.