Dupree Dog Days February 14, 2009

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: Dupree Dog Days February 14, 2009

Post by LeviM »

Even if its a "coyote hunting tournament" Its violates state laws to chase them with any sort of vehicle! so, its not really hunting of any sort, and if you get caught I hope they throw the book at you! I don't want to hear any chicken sh@$ excuses that that a tournament is called "Coyote Hunting Tournament" and not a "calling contest" (nothing directed at you BNB) I have heard that excuse too, and it drives me up the wall eveytime!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Spot and stalk is a good way of killing coyotes and I see nothing wrong with that. Your right, it is a calling contest. I have shot coyotes that way also. I'm sure a lot of coyotes have been shot that way. Running them down and hammerin away at them is a different story. There are ways of telling when a coyote has been shot that way , but it is up the the people running the contest to make the call. There is no better way to ruin a contest then have the officials not make a good judgement call. That is what happen in the Dupree contest. It was brought up to the officials and they did nothing about it. It is sad that it came to that. You can talk to several people and they all feel the same way about it. One of the teams I talked to said the only hope of getting any money back was shooting a big or little dog and not numbers. Dupree dog days had a good thing going but the last two years it has been tainted.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I agree with you a 100% Jerry, it all starts with the tournament officials, and how hard the enforce the rules!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

yep, the judges must obey the rules. i had a coyote d/qd at the kenmare tourny because of to cold temp and had no trouble with the ruling. we had a saburban and had to keep the animals outside to comply with the rules so we strapped them to the top.the coyote up front took the windchill all day and thats why it was colder than the others. the judges were fair and explained the problem. we were not accused of cheating(at least i don't think so)but rules are rules and it got d/qd.i've only hunted 1 tourny and had a blast and hopefully go the the same one again. i'm glad i left the tourny with the respect from the judges instead in a pissy mood. your right jerry, money brings out the worst in some people. lets hope these tournys stay clean and fun :) and if someone gets caught cheating ban them from all future tourneys
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Those reasons are why i specifically focus on and hunt all tournies that are put on by coyotehunter.net :!:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!