Bremen Tournament results.

You can post your events and tournaments here or send the info to us and we will post it for you.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

coyoteman

Bremen Tournament results.

Post by coyoteman »

Thank you to all who attended the hunt. I hope you all had a good time.
1st place goes to Tim and Damon Finly with 3 coyotes and Big dog
2nd place goes to Brian miller and seth schultz with 1 coyote 2 fox and 1 coon
3rd place goes to chris lyon and levi mcnally with 2 coyotes
4th place goes to Derrek Peterson and Eric Polries with 1 coyote
5th place goes to Taylor Koepplin and Nathan Messner with 1 coyote
There were 13 teams 113 coyotes seen and 9 coyotes shot.
Thanks again to all who came.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: Bremen Tournament results.

Post by LeviM »

Thanks Coyoteman for the great tournament! The weather was alittle warm, but not alot of wind (finally)! We shot 2, wonded one, we tracked it with blood for 2 miles. We seen 27 coyotes, We should of had alot more than 2 dead dogs that for sure :roll: Next time! Thanks again Coyoteman!

We tried hunting the full moon on the way back, got a few stands in but our legs were too sore to continue!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Thanks coyoteman!

We saw 16 coyotes and 1 fox during the tournament. I missed a gimmie shot and we had a late comer tear in as we were going to pick up Papapete's kill. :oops:

Could have had a few more but we were pleased with it and had a lot of fun.

We hunted the area on Sunday too and saw 14 coyotes and 2 fox. I got one of those.

Overall we saw lots of groups of 3, 4, and 5 yotes. A fun time but pretty challenging navigating the snowed in roads. You'd get 5 miles down a road only to find it snowed in and then you had to backtrack. Because of this we only did 12 stands all weekend! :shock:
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Way to put on a fun tournament coyoteman!! Fallguy and papete it was good to finally meet you guys in person! Levi and i hunted hard all day and put on more miles in snowshoes than i care to, but if thats what it takes to kill dogs thats what it takes. Levi and i should have had way more than 2 dogs on the day we had :shock: For levi they were responding to the calls really well and for me they just weren't responding to what i was doing but i did a lot of spot and stalk and finally after quick phone call and a bit of advice i got 2 out of the 4 that i saw bedded come in to the call and shot my coyote (male) at 10 yards with the only thing between us was a barbed wire fence. then after tracking levi's coyote forever we decided we better head back and made two more stands on the way back to the truck and levi called in and shot one at 60 yards. I will admit i had two nasty spills on snow shoes and it wasn't pretty :oops:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

lyonch

Yeah nice to finally see you guys in person too. How did the night hunting go?

We went to try a spot coyoteman suggested and when we got there it was clouded up. We started back to Heaton to my grandmas and it cleared up. Then we weighed the options and decided to get some sleep so we could hunt hard on Sunday. Glad I did I was tired last night.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Nothing was responding for us at all :? We made 4 stands and elected to call it a night after our legs kept telling us it is finally time to go guys :shock:
Chris Lyon

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

My legs were not getting out of the truck for a 5th night stand, now way in hell! :cry:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I dont know exactly where levi walked during the day but i just tracked my path on google earth and with no hills if it were flat terrain i would have walked 12.07 miles :shock: That number also includes the 2 mile walk after a wounded coyote :roll: Now i can see why my legs aren't working so well today and they didn't wanna do a night hunt for very long :lol:
Chris Lyon

CoyoteJunky

Post by CoyoteJunky »

Great tournement, lots of fun. We ended up with 1 fox all day, i called 3 fox in right away @ 9am then we had a few stands that didnt produce any dogs and we decided to work our way west looking for some better looking terrain, and in the process got stuck in such a horrific way that we spent the next 4 hours shoveling snow... needless to say pretty much blew our afternoon. We saw 6 fox and 1 yote Saturday total. Hunted just a little bit on Sunday morning to the west of fesentan and got 2 fox and 1 coyote.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

sounds like you all had a great time at the tourny. wish i could've came but my brother in minot needed a bathroom remodeled.i figured you guys would see alot of dogs as i seen 17 from the hiways on the way up. we were going to start working sat. morn. but i talked him into going hunting instead. never would have imagined the kind of day was instore for us!!. we seen 49 coyotes- yes 49 and did'nt get one. also 4 fox. only had 1 legit shot all day and we wiffed it. there are WAYmore yotes out there than we realize. seen alot of s-mobile tracks out, usually around and down cover :x :x . deep snow does suck even with snowshoes. hat's off to you guys that stuck to the wounded ones even though the odds of retreivel may be tough.seems their grouping up now. we stopped on a high hill to glass and seen a group of 7-5-and 3 in different directions but boy were the spooky. mile away and they were hauling asssssss
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

wow 113 seen and only 9 shot they must be getting kicked around in that area a lot to not have more responding? Sounds like everyone was really in the coyotes!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!