Powder Measure

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Powder Measure

Post by Tim Anderson »

The feeding tube on the charge masters turns instead of vibrateing and i have no problems with mine.. As for the other unit mentioned one or two kernals of powder is'nt going to change youre load unless you are reloading for a very small cartridge.. From what i read you canbe off .5 gr. in a 22-250 and its not going to make much difference unless less you are at total max load...From time to time i double check the loads from the charge master and so far they have been right on, if i get some time later i will do a short vidio of my despenser so other may see how simple and how well it works..
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

your right, a kernel or two isn't going to mess with a 22-250, but I also shoot matches with the same rifle that I shoot coyotes with. I make every round count weather it is for a match or for a mange coyote. When I do a load test to get my best groups I go in .2 or .3g increments. Trust me, you can see the difference.

My 22-250 doesn't get the precision work. I just load it, it would be a good candidate for a powder thrower.

I just gave this suggestion for people who want to look at it from a different angle. :)

xdeano
Last edited by xdeano on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

just gave this suggestion for people who want to look at it from a different angle.
I have no problem with that :mrgreen:
On another note some B.R. shooters don't even use a scale they just find a starting charge and work up to the most accurate charge...
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

If they don't use a scale how do they know what there starting at and finishing at.. And when they find that charge how do they consistantly load that charge.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Roane Ranger
coyotehunter

Re: Powder Measured

Post by Roane Ranger »

In some instances, a dipper or thrower works well in some rounds without noticable change in performance.
I prefer to trickle most all of my rifle charges on a beam scale- to perfection, and I can do it fast.
You can get pretty fast doing that once you get used to the amount of powder that you are dispensing.
It changes with every change of powder type and charge weight.
Hunt hard, shoot straight, kill clean, and apoligize to no one!
NRA Endowment Life Member
USMC 1980-1985
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

If they don't use a scale how do they know what there starting at and finishing at.. And when they find that charge how do they consistantly load that charge.
They use the scale for starting load for what powder they are useing and from there they just work up till they achieve the accuracy they are looking for. The better powder despensors have a mic. adjuster with numbers on it that they record for future reference....
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

So then Bench Rest guys do use a scale. I am confused they don't or they do.. :?
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Daryl wrote:So then Bench Rest guys do use a scale. I am confused they don't or they do.. :?
+1 here on the confused part :oops:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Like i said they may use it to check first load and after that they just adjust the powder despenser.. Once the minium volume is found for a cartride they no longer need the scale and can change powders if they wish and don't have to go back to a scale to double check. With alot of B.R guys there loads are measured by volume and not weight. Same princeable as loading for black powder rifles...
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

So yes they use a scale.. Your first post said they don't use a scale.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Heres a example.. I shoot a 221. f.B..with a 52 gr. h.p. and H-335 for powder. I can use a powder despenser or just use a powder dipper and put powder in the case till its level with the mouth of the case then seat bullet..
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

It depends on who you talk to some do some don't....and does it matter anyway..
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Thats fine and dandy but what I was trying to figure out is you said they don't use a scale but I found that hard to beleive with a B.R. shooter. They have to have somewhere to start or end. Then you backstepped and said they do now you say they just dip it full. There is alot of variances there in all those posts. Never mind and forget I asked :roll:
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Tim Anderson wrote:It depends on who you talk to some do some don't....and does it matter anyway..
If theres a faster more accurate way i wanna know about it!! The one part i hate the worst about reloading is the powder part.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Tim Anderson wrote:It depends on who you talk to some do some don't....and does it matter anyway..
You brought it up I don't know does it matter????