Winchester Power Points

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

josie wales

Winchester Power Points

Post by josie wales »

I bought a new Browning Stainless Stalker (.223WSSM) and knew it would be a Rifle where handloading would bring out its true potential. I got to use it on my last hunt and it preformed pretty good. Two coyotes 35# range one needed a follow up shot. In New England (Massachusetts) where I live this size coyote may be typical they come much bigger. Just a few miles away in New York State a 135# coyote was shot and I have seen a few that I bet would go 60 to 70 pounds here in the Berkshires. Last year I reloaded 55 grain Nosler CT on top of Varget. This year I bought some Winchester 64 Grain power Points. I have heard nothing but good reviews about this bullet. It is compared to the Trophy Bonded Bear Claw and the Nosler Partition. I am having a problem finding load data with this bullet using Varget,IMR 4350 or Hodgdon4350. I am hoping someone here could help me with this.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: Winchester Power Points

Post by Coyotehunter »

do you have any load data with other powders for this bullet? take a look at the RQ rating for the powders you do have loads for, this will help with load developement with powders that you show no loads.

I would question the validity of a 135 lb coyote.
Coyotes Forever
wildturkey
coyotehunter

Post by wildturkey »

135# coyote it would have to be more dog then coyote
wildturkey
coyotehunter

Post by wildturkey »

I would just use load data for 65 grain bullets ?
yellowdog
coyotehunter

Post by yellowdog »

"You can pay me when you see me again Josie Wales." :wink: