.204 40gr Berger Varmint BT Test & Tune

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

yellowdog
coyotehunter

.204 40gr Berger Varmint BT Test & Tune

Post by yellowdog »

This has become my new bullet for dogs. These were designed to be pelt friendly & are very streamlined with a good G7 BC. I ran a ballistic comparison with my recipe to that of the Hornady 45gr SP factory load & mine has a little better trajectory. I conjered up a load of 25grs of Reloader 10x with a max o.a.l. of 2.313. If you have a factory rig you won't be able to even come close to seating these close to the lands cause of the streamlined ogive. However! you may be pleased to know that you don't have to. My three shot groups you can ALMOST cover with a dime at 100. More ideal conditions & I might be able to do slightly better. I did also take care of the bullet runout for this lot & the brass was fireformed & only neck sized to produce this group. I'll post pics of these groups for all you skeptics just as soon as I figure out why I haven't been able to post any photos with my current PC set up. I'm actually not that computer savy. :oops:
I did manage to place a neck shot on a dog a couple weeks ago with no pelt damage whatsoever. This bullet shows alot of promise to the coyote handloader. Far better than the V-Max or Blitzking in my experience.
Tactical.20

Re: .204 40gr Berger Varmint BT Test & Tune

Post by Tactical.20 »

What does it look like? Is it a polymer tip or a hollow point like the others, 35 and 40gr? I liked the Berger, then tried the Nosler 40gr, like it better, so far.
yellowdog
coyotehunter

Re: .204 40gr Berger Varmint BT Test & Tune

Post by yellowdog »

Tactical.20 wrote:What does it look like? Is it a polymer tip or a hollow point like the others, 35 and 40gr? I liked the Berger, then tried the Nosler 40gr, like it better, so far.
They are hollow points.