Federal Primers? anyone?

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Federal Primers? anyone?

Post by Tim Anderson »

Most all of the primer brands are good..If you have a few other rifles to shoot you will find some may prefer one type or brand over another.. I try to keep a assortment of all brands on hand when possable..... I have three different powder and bullet loads for my 22-250 ackley and each load prefers one brand or type over another for best accuracy.. Which is good so i don't have to rely on just one brand of powder or primers...
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Well possible good news.A friend in Mn says Federal is a day or so away from having a new primer machine up and running and that machine can produce millions per week.Dam,sure hope thats true.If so,I'll never run low again. :D
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Keep me updated Dcoy!! Still alittle nervous!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
204sniper
coyotehunter

Post by 204sniper »

Just picked up a bunch of Federal Small Rifle Match primers. The store I was at had 5,000 of em. :D
- Jeffrey Emerson

Close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades....

Only YOU can prevent wildfires, which is good, because I've got things to do.

"That'll learn ya."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

204sniper wrote:Just picked up a bunch of Federal Small Rifle Match primers. The store I was at had 5,000 of em. :D

I think levi needs the large rifle :?
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I have no problem finding small rifle, but I do need large rifle!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
204sniper
coyotehunter

Post by 204sniper »

They had 3,000 of the Federal Large Rifle Match as well. 8)
- Jeffrey Emerson

"That'll learn ya."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

204sniper wrote:They had 3,000 of the Federal Large Rifle Match as well. 8)
Now you got me jealous :(
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
204sniper
coyotehunter

Post by 204sniper »

I see this as a sign that the primer manufacturers are finally starting to catch up with demand. Afterall, I hadn't even seen a red box of Federal primers, since Obama got elected, until yesterday. :cry: :shock:
- Jeffrey Emerson

"That'll learn ya."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

204sniper wrote:I see this as a sign that the primer manufacturers are finally starting to catch up with demand. Afterall, I hadn't even seen a red box of Federal primers, since Obama got elected, until yesterday. :cry: :shock:
I hope your right!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

I'm telling you guys, half of this primer/powder shortage is bullshit! My brother is a sales rep for a flooring company, and travels all over the state now and then. Last week he called me on his way west to Dickinson, then Williston, Minot, over to Grand Forks, down to Fargo then back to Bismarck.....
I told him if he has time to stop at sporting good stores, try to find me some more primers. In the course of the next three days he called me from all over the state and asked me if I still wanted more. Every small shop, or store that wasn't "SCHEELS" had all the primers you could want, and the prices were out standing. I got CCI200 Large rifle for 22.99 a brick and CCI200 BR-2 for 35.99 a brick, with no limits..........
Think scheels is making a boat load of cash on "primer shortages"......... Its bullshit that these little shops have primers for that price and the big guys are still 10.00 to 15.00 buck a brick higher. Plus how is it that these smaller shops are able to have unlimited primer stocks and the big boys can't keep them in stock........They are raking us over the coals!!!!!!!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

The smaller shops in those remote areas have less customers and this maybe why they have primers on hand. ( still selling stuff they had on the shelves))
I've gone to about a handfull of places looking for primers and most are out of stock and you have to be put on a waiting list.. ( Cabela's,scheels,guander mtn., Mid-south, champion shooters,widener's reloading ect.)
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

Then why is it that one shop that I go to all the time (smaller place that new to the area) has gone and goes through lots of primers and they get new ones in all the time........

You can't tell me that these smaller shops have not been cleaned out already with the "primer shortage" as long as it has been going on.......

Scheels has not had any primers to speak of in a year and a half, thats bullshit!! And now they are telling guy to stock up cause if you don't have them soon you will not get them. I think they are just playing the scare card to sell more componets..........
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
204sniper
coyotehunter

Post by 204sniper »

I think you may be on to something there, Optimax. The place that I found the Federal primers at is a small shop also. They had 2 cases of CCI primers, as in boxes with 10,000 primers! :shock: Remington primers coming out of their ears, and lots of Winchester primers as well. I bet the nearest Scheels still only has a couple boxes in their display case. :roll: Not to mention the price of brass now. I was looking at a couple bags of .204 brass that I had on hand that I bought from Scheels. One was from June and the other was from November. The one from June said $19.99 while the one from November said $27.99! :cry: :evil:
- Jeffrey Emerson

"That'll learn ya."
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Like i said the smaller store's don't have as much buisness and may have had a order placed and got it filled in time when their stock ran out.. Primers are still being made but when a order reaches one of the bigger stores its already spoken for ahead of time.. Scheels is one of the stores that if you can show proof of the price of a product and its lower than there price they will match it just so they can get youre buisness. I don't know if they do this with all products but they do with the rifles..