Federal Primers? anyone?

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Optimax90
coyotehunter

Re: Federal Primers? anyone?

Post by Optimax90 »

I have already asked if they would match the price of primers and they told me they would, but only on 2 sleaves (200ct.) cause that is there limit!

Also gun city in bismarck was the first to put a limit on primers in town and they were out completely a while back, now they have plenty and have a brick limit??????? They even had a limit on brass ( 50ct. per person) and now they don't????????

Tim I under stand what you are saying about what they got coming in is already bought up on special order, but I ordered a brick of BR-2 last spring and they never contacted me on my order????? And now they have a few here and there on in the display case.......

Not tring to be a dick and dissagree with you, but I just don't see how these bigger store ( Scheels, Gander MT, ect) can't get anything I want. But they keep telling me they have they are coming...
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

No problem.. Just have to keep in mind everyone is on a waiting list and some places will have there's before others...The manufactures still have a ways to go to meet the demand...
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

I agree with you that its not manufactures fault or problem. How great would it be to have a primer making factory right now :)
I don't know if any body has tried those Magtech primers, they seem to be new on the market and you can gt them all over. Problem is it hard going away from what works....
Tim I enjoy going back and forth with you, but your just not going to change my mind when it comes to scheels, there is just somthing about the way they run there operation in bismarck that sets me off. There is not alot of places to get stuff here in bismarck and they got it cornered. I spend alot of money on sporting goods, and a good fraction gose to them, I go into that store often and guys there know my face, but still I don't get that curtacy like others. I hear from other buddies that buy stuff there "you just go to know some one there"! And I know that is the way it works and I just need to get over it, if I don't like it shop some where else............
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Some of the webb sites that sell reloading stuff are starting to show a few brands of primers that are available now and also some of the powders..

i just got back from Scheels and they had rem. 7 1/2 and fed. small rifle match also. The fed. is a little spendy but i got a box of 1000 anyway. The price on bullets was down on some brands also..
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

Theres another reason the big stores, scheels, gander, Cabelas, etc etc run out fast.

Its called their employees and they sometimes run out before they even make it to the shelf.
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

I just had Fallguy pick me up a brick of Fed 210Match primers over the easter weekend. They were $50.00, I think the last time i bought a brick they were $32. right before obama got into office and I thought that was steep. I go through to many of these damn things a year.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I just picked up another brick of primers, this time Rem 71/2. I paid 38.00 for them and 49.00 for the fed. that i got last week.. There are some other places cheaper but they have to be shipped through the mail or UPS and by the time its done you end up paying the same.. I have enough to last for sometime so now I'll shop around for some better deals if they canbe found..
Still looking for Vitovori powders, most places are still out of stock...
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

I just got done canvassing damn near the entire state of ND. Not ONE single CCI 200 large rifle or Federal match primer anywhere!

Fargo, Jimmytown, Bismarck, Minot, DL, GF........NADDA! :evil:

I really really really really really really really really need some fed match.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

barebackjack wrote:I just got done canvassing damn near the entire state of ND. Not ONE single CCI 200 large rifle or Federal match primer anywhere!

:shock: :shock: i was in fargo scheels on tuesday and they had quite a few bricks of cci lr and finally had in some federal lr. i called Levi and told him bout it and i believe he spilled his coffee getting up so quick to get there :lol: . i picked up 1 more brick of cci br so now i have 4 bricks which makes me feel abit better :mrgreen:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

LOL Thanks again Bucks!!!! I got there as soon as I could and got a couple bricks! I havent moved that fast in long time, I almost had to sit down and take a few deep breaths! LOL
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

barebackjack wrote:I just got done canvassing damn near the entire state of ND. Not ONE single CCI 200 large rifle or Federal match primer anywhere!

You didn't look to hard in bismarck, cause I think every store in town that carries primers now has some. Scheels even has enough to sell a brick at a time!!!!!!!! :shock:
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

They sure didnt have any tuesday. Only went to two places though.
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

The quest for Fed 210M primers continues.

I feel like freakin frodo trying to get to mordor.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

I work in a major sporting goods store. We are just stating to get some primers in. I do not think that the primer manufacturers can keep up with the demand of all the big chains so the smaller stores are getting their orders first. That is just a guess, from what I have heard at work. I actually prefer the Remington 7 1/2 BR primers for my small calibers as they can take more pressure since they have thicker metal. I am looking for more Federal 210 Match primers for my 6mmAI though. The stores are losing sales when customers go to the smaller stores to get items. They will then come into their store less as the customers get used to going elsewhere for their shopping. Bad for business! You always want your store to be the "go to" store, so why make your regular customers mad at you?
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I hit up 10 store2 in 4 states.......called buddies and had them check and stopped at several myself..........ask when they recieve primers, day of the week, they do not always come in (back-order) it took 2 months but when it was all said and done I had 7000 primers, 7 bricks. Paid from $28-$32 per brick. I buy pwder and primers in larg quantities every time I get them. powder can hae minor RQ rates from lot to lot. primers may be the same.........consistancy.
Coyotes Forever