Where can I buy Vihtavouri powder?

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

coyotelatrans
coyotehunter

Re: Where can I buy Vihtavouri powder?

Post by coyotelatrans »

Nodak that H-4831 sc is some great powder in your .243!!!! That is what I use with a 95 grain nolser bal tip and it makes tiny groups and SD on this stuff is great!!!!!!
Nodak72
coyotehunter

Post by Nodak72 »

coyotelatrans, I Have A Rem model-7 (short carbine barrel) in 243 that doesn't shoot 100 gr factory bullet's worth A crap!(were talking 6 inch group's at 100yd's, bad) My plan is to work up A load with H-4831 sc, or H-380, pushing an 85gr hollow point Seirra gameking! hoping one of the powder's, or the lighter bullet will help the grouping,hopefully!
the H-4831 sc gives me very good group's in my rem 700 in 270, with 130gr seirra prohunter bullets!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

100 gr bullets out of a .243 not shooting ??????????????? you sure you do not have something else wrong. that is a staple for that caliber.
Coyotes Forever
Nodak72
coyotehunter

Post by Nodak72 »

Coyotehunter wrote:100 gr bullets out of a .243 not shooting ??????????????? you sure you do not have something else wrong. that is a staple for that caliber.
sorry I haven't been on for A while, and didn't reply sooner! I just assumed the100gr bullet's were too heavy for such A short barrel! I was using 100 gr factory ammo (no particular brand, whatever was cheap at the time!), then I started re loading and i'm now using Seirra 85gr BTHP with 37.4gr of Varget CCI large rifle primer's, and remington brass, found the lands on my rifle & seated 20 thousandths from the land's! Now, I get less than one inch groups! Maybe something with the powder or the seating had some thing to do with it! If there are any other reasons I would appreciate A reply to this! Thank's
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

seating depth can have a huge effect on accuracy
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Nodak72
coyotehunter

Post by Nodak72 »

bucksnbears wrote:8) post a load if you find a keeper :)
I came up with this recipe for A coyote load in my 22-250! here it is 33.2gr of Viht N135, with Seirra 55gr BTHP, with rem 7 1/2 large rifle primer's and Rem brass! according to the reloading manual it should be turning at 3550fps! (I don't have A chrono! YET:lol: :lol:! ) I am getting less than half inch groups (Im sure this load would group tighter, if the shooter would do his part :mrgreen: :mrgreen:!)! This load Hasn't taken A coyote as of Yet, so I can't say if Its fur friendly or not but from what I've read it should anchor the coyote and not cause much damage!
Last edited by Nodak72 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

for a .243???
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Nodak72
coyotehunter

Post by Nodak72 »

bucksnbears wrote:for a .243???
:oops: :oops: :oops: OOP's! that was for the 22-250! Apparently my genuiseness no's no bounds! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

the length of your barrel will have little effect on the weight of bullet you are shooting. the twist rate of the barrel is what gives a bullet its gyroscopic stabilty. the barrel has more effect on the velocity of the bullets. other considerations as well but that is the main difference.
Coyotes Forever