Remington Short Action

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

xdeano
coyotehunter

Re: Remington Short Action

Post by xdeano »

Pilgrim you can strip a 700 bolt down without any tools at all? You must be ripped to be able to pull that firing spring back with your finger nails and twist all at the same time. :D I'm just giving you a hard time.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

lyonch wrote:bucks if i remeber right, the bdl has a drop plate for the bullets to fall out from the internal magazine, and the adl or cdl; has the clip feature or a magazine with no bottom plate to drop the shells out. It is remington's way of descripting there guns magazine style.
cool, thanks
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

xd_ Grant me one tool. A penny, car key? ... and ripped, of course. :wink:

bucks_ ADL & BDL are the same barreled action. As Chris described, the distinction is the magazine; ADL is a blind magazine with box/spring/follower, BDL has the same spring/follower but has a floor plate (hinged door) so you can remove loaded ammo from the bottom of the stock. BDL can also be a detachable magazine.
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

:lol: nope no penny, car keys, door edges, I'll drop you off in the middle of a desert so you can't use a rock either. :D

The pre 64's you push a button on the side and start twisting it. Not that you really ever need to disassemble one in the field, but it's kind of handy.

I concur on the ADL/BDL.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

If you leave him in the desert with atleast his boots on then he can use a boot lace to take the bolt apart. :mrgreen:

That being said the Win mod 70 pre64 action is basically a clone of a 1898 mauser and 1903 Springfield actions
You mean one of these!!!
I have a few of them sitting around.. :mrgreen:
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

now we're talkin'!!!

nice rig. I bet it kicks like a 22lr.

xdeano
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Yep not much kick at all. Its also one of my rifles that i can actually say will shoot under a half inch all day.. :mrgreen:
here is a target from the very first day i had the gun at home, i think i used two or three different loads and they all seemed to shoot ok except for the bottom right group.. Barrel was maybe getting a tadd warm..

Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

TimA_

Is that pic of a rifle, or a mailbox?
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

:lol: :lol:
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

no that's funny! :D
Jeff Rheborg
coyotehunter

Post by Jeff Rheborg »

Justin, you may want to check out gunbroker.com They seem to have allot of stuff and may have just what you are lookin for...

Jeff.
Jeff Rheborg, President
The Varmint Hunters Assoc.