Magnum primer's

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Nodak72
coyotehunter

Magnum primer's

Post by Nodak72 »

So, the wife go's to town and I sent A list of powder and primer's to pickup at the local sporting good's store! She went to the store showed the man the list which consisted of H-4831sc powder and federal large rifle primers which were on sale, the guy at the store gave her federal large rife magnum primer's! My question is this! Can I use magnum primer's in my 22-250 with N135 Vitavouri powder, or do I need to take them back!
Thank you, Nodak
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Magnum primer's

Post by Tim Anderson »

If youre favorite load is max reduce it some and have at it..
Why you useing such a fast powder in the 22-250 ???
Nodak72
coyotehunter

Post by Nodak72 »

was suggested by A friend who uses it in his 250, and my brother is A bench rest shooter, so we split an 8#er between the 3 of us! Im still on A learning curve with the reloading! Does the N135 cause some pressure problem's cause its A fast burning powder?
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

If you are shooting lite bullets and you have good accuracy you just as well keep useing it.. I like powders a little more on the slower side for the 22-250 which almost fills the case. Anyway the Mag. primers should work.. good shooting... T.A.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I use magnums primers in my large capacity slow burning loads, regardless of caliber. some say the magnum primers will help you in the colder months.........some powders are more effected by the cold weather than others. if you can exchange the magnums for the standard large rifle primers, I would do that. especially for the summer months with a fast powder.
Coyotes Forever