.300 win mag

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

.300 win mag

Post by Coyotehunter »

anyone have some loads for the .300 Win Mag?? I got some 165 gr. sierra BTHP, 200 gr. Nosler Partitions Spitzer, 180 Nosler Ballistic Tip Spitzer. Powder on hand...Varget, H4350, R22, H1000, H4831SC
Coyotes Forever
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: .300 win mag

Post by bucksnbears »

the only load i've tried is 73 grains of h4350. cci br primers. this is for nosler ballistic tips 165's. i just pulled the load from the manual and it shot real good so i stuck with it. no need to experiment. if i really bear down i can get 3/4-5/8 inch groups but i'm a flincher and usually don't shoot it that well. win.model 70. i've got lots of rounds loaded if you want a few
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
rorycoyote
coyotehunter

Post by rorycoyote »

im shooting the 165 gn sierra gamekings with 69 gn of imr 4350 and cci mag primer. i havent experimented with it much its just a load i pulled from the manual. mine is an old style ruger. i dont shoot the rifle enough to shoot long range so i havent taken time to play with the loads. but it seems to work good on deer and antelope.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I shot some this past week. the gun is a custom; hart barrel, enfield action, fajon stock flaming maple. I will get a pic up here of it. great looking gun and I have it for years just don't shoot it much. thanks for the loads.
Attachments
.300winmag
.300winmag
Coyotes Forever
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Thats a nice looking stock!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

thanks, I have had the gun for about 12 years now. The pic I am afraid doesn't do it justice though, it realy is one of the coolest looking stocks i have ever seen. you got any loads for me Tim?
Coyotes Forever
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I wish I could help but those big guns just scare the hell out of me. :oops: I have a 270 built on a 1903 A-3 action with a fancy stock and it just collects dust...
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

i was going to make a smart ass post to you coyotehunter, but then i figured this is a public forum so i better not :twisted: It just has something to do with "flaming" :lol: :lol:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
rorycoyote
coyotehunter

Post by rorycoyote »

great looking gun man wish my 300 looked that nice... then again maybe not, i would be afraid to use it
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I paid a fortune for the stock. coolest piece of wood I have ever seen. your right though, tough not to worry about it. I did not expect it to turn out like that. When I picked it up I about fell over. I think I have had it for about 12 years and it has barely left the safe. taken it elk hunting this year. I will put some vet wrap on it and it will be ready to go.
Coyotes Forever
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

lyonch wrote:i was going to make a smart ass post to you coyotehunter, but then i figured this is a public forum so i better not :twisted: It just has something to do with "flaming" :lol: :lol:
your a funny guy chris :mrgreen:
Coyotes Forever
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

and he drinks "Lattes" he kind of flips his wrist when he orders them too!!!! :lol:

That is a beautiful gun though!! Let me know how that packin out with the elk goes! :wink:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

I wish i could shoot big rifles more. dad put me on a 12 guage when i was about 7 and made me shoot trap and skeet. i developed a lifelong flinching prblem that i just overcame a few years ago. i have a beautiful win 70. . 300 that i just don't shoot because i'm afaid i'll get the flinches again. thats a nice looking rifle coyotehunter
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

what can I say I one a rifle guy!!! Some day I might get back into big game hunting, but for now its all coyotes!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Prairie Ghost wrote:and he drinks "Lattes" he kind of flips his wrist when he orders them too!!!! :lol:

I dont know what you are talking about, you were right there next to me ordering 2 to my one :wink: :lol: :lol:

The only big game rifle i own is a 30-06 that i use for antelope, bear, and anything else i come across. However i would like to trade it in for a 300 ultra mag, for those serious big game adventures.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!