Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Glad it worked out. This is exactly why I like this site. :lol:
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I ditto you on that one jamie :D you guys definetly helped out with field experience opinions and not just some guy who types up an article on a website and calls himself a proffesional hunter! Thanks for the advice fellas 8)
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I finally broke down and brought my gun in to the gunsmith at Gander Mt. I wanted to know what my trigger pull was originally at and he told me it was at 7.5 lbs. I had a real hard time being consistant at the range so I told him to knock it down to 2.5 lbs. I went to the range this morning and it took me alittle while to get used to the new trigger, but once I got consistant I was putting bullet holes inside of bullet holes at 200 yards. It was well worth it in my opinion

I will post pics if I can get around to it!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Well fella i'll be the first one to tell you I TOLD YOU SO!!! and you didn't beilieve me that it would work. :wink:
Chris Lyon

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

That is great to hear.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Lighter triggers always work better it seems to me anyways when you have to pull so hard you actually can be moving the gun around when sitting at the bench :shock:
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
coyotehunter

Post by 5.56 »

This past year I worked at a Gander Mountain in Columbus, Ohio and made friends with both of the gunsmiths. Mainly to learn all I could. One was a genious and the other one a gun tinkerer! :D
At a seminar we went to were all the factory reps were, I was told more than once that many triggers are now factory set at around the 7 pound limit. Mainly due to legal issues etc.

Of course some triggers are a lot easier to adjust than others, so instead of changing wire size and trying to remake my trigger spring, I just go for a drop in replacement for my 'non AccuTrigger Savage.'

Brownells has about any thing you need for trigger work.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Chris,
Just read this thread.Sounds like you got it set now.I'll just pass this on in case.If you ever run into trigger issues,particularly on Remingtons,you have an exoert in your back yard.
An 'ol timer'who knows his stuff.Pete Kloskowski is his name.Runs a shop out of his home(Silver Spur Gun Shop)in St Cloud.(320-252-4208)
Whether removing 'creep'or just setting it,he works magic on them.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Thanks Dcoy. I will keep his shop in mind. I know when i use to have gun problems i always took it to a guy named pat lathe (spelling). I know he is well known gunsmith of the area. I really do like taking my stuff to little guys cause it seems like they are the ones that treat the gun as if it was theres. Im assuming he beds barrells and what not to causre that will be the next step i would like to do.
Chris Lyon

Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Yes,I'm sure he does.Never had him do that but know a guy in St Cloud who has and is still using him so...
My only warning-he likes to talk so don't plan on getting out of there in just a few minutes. :)
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Forgot your comment about Pat Laib.His main shop used to be in Spicer and he'd stop at various places in St Cloud weekly(Scheels etc)to pick up guns needing work.I used him a time or two and was satsfied but,back then,he was a shotgun guy primarily.Now I hear he's 'big',does work on anything,but has a number of 'helpers'.Probably great but I hate not knowing exactly who is working on my stuff.
Good hunting.