My 300 WM

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

My 300 WM

Post by leadbiscuit »

I was feeling the need for something wth a little bit more ass, so I put this together. Trued 700 with a Manners t4a and a Brux barrel. I stole the NF off of my other rifle for the time being.

It's pushing the 200 grain Berger Hybrid 3040fps. I've only had it out to 810yds so far. It seems to shoot pretty well.

It isn't going to make me a better coyote hunter, but it should be fun when the crops come out and I can shoot some steel and jugs at a 1000 or so.
xdeano
coyotehunter

Re: My 300 WM

Post by xdeano »

It hits like a hammer! I think we should have gone back to top of the hill just to see how it worked. ;)
Xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

Once the barrel fouled in, that 800 yd plate wasn't much trouble at all. It didn't hit any better than your 6slr, but the energy was pretty damned immpressive.

I'm going to put some time in behind this rifle when the country opens up around here. I need to learn to control the recoil well enough to spot my misses at long range. My form sucks.

The next 1100yd mouser is gonna get a free haircut. Who knows, I might even hit it.
greyghost01
coyotehunter

Post by greyghost01 »

I had a Rem 700 in 300wm put a brake on it, Recoil was that of about 243 at most. It was a pleasure to shoot.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

That has to be loud.