270 WIN RELOADS

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tango
coyotehunter

270 WIN RELOADS

Post by Tango »

just wondering if there is anyone that does 90gr. reloads for the 270 win. looking to get some for my savage 270 win (not the short mag.) 8) you can contact me thru tangomohre@yahoo.com
Pilgrim

Re: 270 WIN RELOADS

Post by Pilgrim »

Try Superior Ammo in South Dakota. They'll make anything you want and the prices are competitive w/retail. They also sell sample packs of 20 rounds where they'll load 5 different loads of 4 using different powders and/or loadings/ or bullets. Not a bad deal considering what it costs for 3 or boxes of ammo that don't group.
backyardhunter23

Re: 270 WIN RELOADS

Post by backyardhunter23 »

man ur probably gonna have to wrk hard and research to get a 90 grainer to group thats almost too light for the powder behind it i would start with a minimum charge.for a 90 grain bullet using ACCUR 2700 powdermin. is 50.2 grains max being 57 thats pushin over 3400 fps and that hard on a barrel. the most accurate load in my 300 rem. ultra mag is 91 grain reloader19 powder with 165 grain lead and believe it or not i dont have severe pelt damage unless i hit a thick bone but thats probably because im pumpin out 3500 fps give or take and the grouping in 100yds u can cover with a half dollar. but i can drop to a 110 grainer and u cant cover the grouping with a billboard. man u just have to play with that load a little and find wats best.