Nosler CT Ballistic Silvertip

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

barebackjack
coyotehunter

Nosler CT Ballistic Silvertip

Post by barebackjack »

Anybody out there tried these?

Kind of lookin to try the .50 grains in my 250.
coyotelatrans
coyotehunter

Re: Nosler CT Ballistic Silvertip

Post by coyotelatrans »

I have used them in my 25-06 the lubalox coating will help a little with fps not alot but a little and will keep your barrel a tad cooler as well. I don't use them anymore due to added cost and one needs to clean out the lubalox or copper and with Bore tech eliminator the copper comes out nicely. If your going to shoot p-dogs or the such high volume I would see a better use for them than as a coyote bullet, but give them a try you make just like them better than a standard Bal tip? Good luck. This isn't a moly coating it is another form of coating is what Winchester told me.
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

Ya, it says right on Noslers website that its "NOT a moly-coat".

Ive been shooting the standard nosler ballistic tips for years with great results. Just wondering if there was any added advantage to these newer ones.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

I've tried them(still have partial boxes)in Winchester factory loads.50 and 55 grain 22-250s;90 gr 243s;and 150 gr 300WSMs.Not impressed although they shot ok(the 90 gr 243s especially).
I went back to regular BTs.Hard to beat them.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Forgot to mention this.I think Lubalox or whatever they call it is black oxide.Do a google on 'black oxide'and you will be swamped with info.I just found it hard to justify for my use.Its definitely not 'moly'.