Wanting to get started reloading hope you coul help.

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Brod_Man

Wanting to get started reloading hope you coul help.

Post by Brod_Man »

Right now i have my eye on a Rem. 700 in .22-250. If i do purchase this rifle i want to reload this caliber. Now heres my question. I want to reload without spending hundreds of dollars on equiptment. No i saw the Lee Loader comes in .22-250. Does anyone have any experience withe the lee loader? Does it work well for a beginner? Also whats the best reloadinbg manuel? Thanks in advance.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Wanting to get started reloading hope you coul help.

Post by Tim Anderson »

Just get a beginners set from RCBS it comes with Press, reloading manual. scale, loading block, ect.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

tims right. its a great kit to start with. take your time reading the manuel and make sure you fully understand the steps your taking. reloading is fun and safe and easy but will be a bit intimadeating at first. good luck and be safe! :) :)
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
wizbang
coyotehunter

Post by wizbang »

I'm just starting to learn the basics, and I've found youtube to be a great resource. If you search reloading on there it shows lots of how-to videos. Be careful who you listen to on there, though. :?
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

Brod_Man wrote:Right now i have my eye on a Rem. 700 in .22-250. If i do purchase this rifle i want to reload this caliber. Now heres my question. I want to reload without spending hundreds of dollars on equiptment. No i saw the Lee Loader comes in .22-250. Does anyone have any experience withe the lee loader? Does it work well for a beginner? Also whats the best reloadinbg manuel? Thanks in advance.

The Lee loader will load great handloads. Nobody can argue the millions of rounds that have been turned out with them.

If it were me though, id spend the extra money and go for one of the bonafide press kits. RCBS has a couple good ones, Lee has a VERY economical entry level kit with everything you need to reload except dies for a tad over $100. Get yourself a good reloading manual (I like hornady's, noslers, and hogdons manuals).

If you ever want to load more than one caliber, youll be glad you went this route as two or three lee loaders can add up fast.

Check out midwayusa.com, they have alot of good stuff and reviews of products.

Reloading isnt rocket science, attention to detail is the most important aspect to ensure safety.
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

Check these out:

Ive loaded ALOT of rounds with this one.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=423081

Same kit, just a few more extras added.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=121744

These two kits have everything youll need except dies, brass, powder, bullets, and primers.