Gunsmiths

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Gunsmiths

Post by Tim Anderson »

Time frame for a gun build..
It can take anywhere from a few weeks up to a year, depending on how busy the smith is and how soon he can get the parts.. To speed things up you could get most parts youre-self and then take to a smith and he may get in done in a month, again depending on how busy he is..
wildturkey
coyotehunter

Post by wildturkey »

i will go along with tim i had stan ware build me a custom rifle and i can tell you he doe's very good work
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

He has not built me anything but in know his name travels in benchrest circles with very high regard.

Jaybic
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Stan and his good friend Al invented the Wolf line of cartridges used for comp. Warewolf and wolf pup. One of the cases has the shortest neck length i have ever seen, just enough there to hold the bullet till chambered.. many B.R. shooters shook there heads when they first saw the cartridge case..
Stan and Al both won many shoots with it so far and i think Al also won the championship one year with it.. Stan can build them right and at times will try to talk you out of something you don't need done or to save you a few bucks..
I just got back from Stans today to pick-up my Pred. rifle that he had to repair the sako extractor on.. Only took two weeks and i took it out before dark and its shooting great... Stan can do anything from a rebarrel job to a full-blow custom and if you want a fancey paint job with a coyote or fox on it his wife is really good with the air-brush...