reloading supplies

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

reloading supplies

Post by bucksnbears »

just a heads up to all you that reload. components are getting more difficult to get. i had to go to scheel,gander mnt., sportsmans wharehouse and cabelas to get what i needed. cabelas and gander and sportsmans were out of allot of primers. even the online stores are back-ordered on allot of components. i had to spend some serious cash to load up as the employees pretty much summed it up that people are getting real worried about our new pres. and starting to hoard this stuff. i didnt like spending the amount that i did but would rather get it now when prices are moderate than have to get it if prices skyrocket.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: reloading supplies

Post by lyonch »

Thanks for the update bucksnbears!! Its amazing how much the media has to do with all of this :evil: :evil:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Actually this happens every year about this time.. The P.D. shooters are stocking up for the season and then one guy claims there is no supplies around and starts a big hoarding scare..Of cousre Obama is'nt helping matters any.. :mrgreen:
wizbang
coyotehunter

Post by wizbang »

Tim Anderson wrote:Of cousre Obama is'nt helping matters any.. :mrgreen:
Obama or the media? ...or the paranoid gunshop gossip?

No offense but blaming Obama is more of the same hype that's causing the problem. (IMO)

How isn't Obama helping? Where's a quote of him hurting? People like to say what he said or how he's hurting but can't seem to find quotes, etc.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Its all media Hype, give it a few months and everybody calms down, guns, shells, reloading equipment will be back to normal
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

As most know Obama is planning on putting a higher tax on ammo and is going to try and get what guns he can off the market.. Its no big secrete.. AR sales are up again because 0f Obama threats of what he intends to do.. Nobody knows whats going to happen in the next four years so they are just running scared and buying up what they can afford.. In time supply should be caught up and we will have to wait and see how far Obama can go.. There are alot of things Obama wants done but he also has to have approaval from the senate and congress..
wizbang
coyotehunter

Post by wizbang »

AR sales are up because people take the media for their word. Then a long game of telephone spins the message. Enormous private interest groups like the NRA put huge amounts of money investing in the spin (after all, what are they without member dollars?).

"as most of us know...higher tax.. no big secret." I don't know anything. Personally, I've never heard Mr. Obama speak about this tax increase. I've never even seen him quoted in the media. Who says he's gonna raise this tax-- I keep hearing people say this.

Personally, I think the gunstore gossiper has more to do with AR sales than Obama.
wizbang
coyotehunter

Post by wizbang »

With anything political, I think people have to ask questions beyond the obvious. Who is invested in there being hype?

-NRA
-Republicans
-Gunmakers
-Ammo component manufacturers.

Hype = Demand = $$$. Of course there would be hype. There's a very real financial benefit to it-- for them. If these mega-businesses could turn a buck by witholding supply to increase demand, why the hell wouldn't they?

I don't believe for one minute that metal costs are the only reason I have to pay $25 for factory-loaded ammo, etc (though it could be one reason).
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

Wiz,

It's called hedging. Those who seem to believe there's something at stake have arrived at their decision to act by applying rational inference, which means that inferences can be made from what is known to what is unknown. Sort of like if you notice that your neighbor's house just caught on fire and you're able to infer that all of their stuff could burn or melt and you should probably do something about it before it's too late and everything's all gone.

B&Bs,

Thanks for the heads up!
Last edited by Pilgrim on Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I dont think this thread was intended to become a political debate. Try not to post any thoughts or feelings on where you stand politicaly, cause that will only start a long debate that will never become resolved and coyotehunter.net will end up being politicalhunter.net. So please keep all political comments to yourself.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Thanks Chris. you are right :wink: :wink:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

Well, the wars have been a big draw on some components the last few years, especially 5.56 brass.

In fact, doesnt black hills ammo have a govt contract? Thought I read that somewhere.

I usually buy a good couple years worth when I find stuff on sale. Scored me 2,500 rem .22-250 brass a couple years ago for $0.15 a piece!

Powder is usually what kills me. I cant warrant having a huge stockpile on hand, so pretty much buy it as I need it.
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

wizbang wrote:
Tim Anderson wrote:Of cousre Obama is'nt helping matters any.. :mrgreen:
Obama or the media? ...or the paranoid gunshop gossip?

No offense but blaming Obama is more of the same hype that's causing the problem. (IMO)

How isn't Obama helping? Where's a quote of him hurting? People like to say what he said or how he's hurting but can't seem to find quotes, etc.
And as far as Obama goes, its not what he says im worried about, its his voting record. He proved while in IL where he stands on guns with his voting record and what he supports.

Im not one of those paranoid "oh Obama's coming for my guns" types, but im sure as hell watching him and his democrat congress real close.
wizbang
coyotehunter

Post by wizbang »

lyonch wrote:I dont think this thread was intended to become a political debate. Try not to post any thoughts or feelings on where you stand politicaly, cause that will only start a long debate that will never become resolved and coyotehunter.net will end up being politicalhunter.net. So please keep all political comments to yourself.
With all due respect, Lyonch, I'll post what I want until the site tells me I'm out of line. You get your opinion about what you want the site to look like ( and I mostly agree) but I'm not sure you have the right to decide who gets to post what.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Wizbang, he has more say than you think :wink:

Lets just keep in about coyote hunting. Thats the main purpose of the site
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"