Does anyone have a DMPS .204

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

rob bates

Does anyone have a DMPS .204

Post by rob bates »

Does anybody own one of these (.204 DMPS)? I just bought one and was wondering of those who have one what kind of groups to expect. I will be shooting a 33grn James Calhoon with 28.5 charge of Varget. If that don't work out I will try the 39grn but was unsure if the 1:12 twist will stablize them. What trigger to go with (was planning on a JP) the stock trigger is way to stiff. I have one more day of barrel break in before I can start to test. And one last question, what problems anyone has had with these rifles. Anything to look out for or parts to change out or up grade. Any info will be greatly helpfull. Wil keep those interested up to date with my testing results. Thank you
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: Does anyone have a DMPS .204

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I can't answer most of your questions because i shoot factory ammo through my CZ`204 but i will say that you ended up with the right brand of AR can't beat a DPMS. Let us know how everything goes.

I shoot Timeny triggers and have been pleased but jewel is another good one if that helps at all
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
jaybic
coyotehunter

Post by jaybic »

I can recommend the JP trigger completely! I have a DPMS in .223 with a JP and it has been super as triggers go. As far as problems, the only one I have had is I wore out an ejector spring after 7 years of shooting it but thats just normal wear and tear. I do know a fair number of coyotes, 1 mink, quite a few crows, several coons and hundreds of prairie dogs that have had considerable problems with it tho :mrgreen:.

You have purchased a QUALITY rifle IMO and my experience. Good luck with it.

Jaybic
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

The guys from DPMS are super to deal with. I wish I had a number handy to give you to call them. I am sure you can get a contact number off of their site. I would call them and get some starter loads to use. The AR's are different to load for than a bolt action. I do not know much about AR in general but I would be hesitant to use the same load from a bolt action with the same twist as the AR with out checking with someone with AR reloading experience. I thought the twist on the AR's as far as bullet wt. considerations was different than with the Bolt action rifles. Anyone have any knowledge about this......... :?
Coyotes Forever
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I had a DMPS at one time but it was chambered in 223. Mine shot most of the bullets in different weights less than a inch at 100 yds. and never had any issues with it either. I did'nt care for the 223 chambering and it was a pain in the butt to hunt with in MN. so i got rid of it..