my first (with help) attempt

Do you have questions or tips to share on putting up your fur, this is the place to go

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

my first (with help) attempt

Post by bucksnbears »

my last coyote trip of the year was last week :( shot 8 and kept 5 that seemed still skinnable. 2 were jumbo's with one being a real pale and the other an xtra heavy. so i tried my hand at skinning them and that went (ok) i think :?: i don't have any experiance fleshing and have no equiptment for it or straetchers so i enlisted help for an expert :wink: . called up Lyonch and he said come on down for a lesson and i did. was a great learning experiance and i truely appreciate the help Bud :D overall it appears 4 will still be sellable with one being kinda short and grayish. i don't really care, i just wanted to learn how to do it. got a fan going on them at the moment. i think with practice and patience i'll get to like it. thanks again for the lesson and use of your equipt Chris. p.s. Pe'Pe says hi :mrgreen:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: my first (with help) attempt

Post by lyonch »

bucks - Pe'Pe is welcome any time in my truck :lol: :lol: That little sweet heart is one hell of a shooting gun :shock: You caught on very well bucks and your more than welcome for the tips!! You forgot to grab your last coyote in the freezer :wink: Those coyotes don't look presentable yet, but just wait until they dry and we take them off the stretcher and get them to do the magical "poof" :wink: You might want to take those middle coyotes and put them a little farther apart from each other, so they get good air flow all the way around them. If you need help shaping that fleshing beam, i can definitely come up sometime and help you shape it (good thing i have more fur to sell and a job coming up in ND) :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

You forgot to grab your last coyote in the freezer
and my tooth brush and paste :mrgreen:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

i hope you remembered your butt past though :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: JK fella i will bring all the goods next time i come through your area. Do you want me to put up that last coyote, or should i bring it frozen so you can give it another go around?
Chris Lyon

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Chris, go ahead and put it up. you can keep it for your services :wink:
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Way to Bucks,They look pretty good IF you like the wire stretchers Hensens in Minot has lots of used ones for sale?? The last few coyotes that I shot last week were rubbed bad, so I'm done for the year also. getting the 22's all ready for muskrats and the snow geese showed up sat. before this blizzard we a having so have to go chase white geese (Apaches) for awhile :D
a proud member of the "IF" team
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Tbush, most likely i'll be using wood stretchers.they seem to be the most prefeered. gonna have to start collecting supplies. i threw alot of money away this winter :(
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

bucksnbears wrote:Chris, go ahead and put it up. you can keep it for your services :wink:

I wonder if i should flesh a huge hole in it, so i can practice my sewing :lol: :lol: :lol: I see in the pic you have the magic poof tool handy and ready :D Good thing i spared one stretcher at my place. I had a neighbor kid bring over 2 coyotes last night that he wants me to put up for him. The one coyote has a huge hole in it, and i told him i won't sew that because it will take me way too long and i would have to charge for that one. Tell Dcoy next time you see him to stop shooting those big ugly white coyotes :mrgreen: :lol: (that was one nice dog :shock: )
Chris Lyon

lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Bucks, i hope this post finishes up in the sale price forum with some big $$$$ :D If you want to know how they do, exactly when it happens, let me know cause i have an account with them and i can watch the sale online :wink:
Chris Lyon

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

will do!! kinda excited myself to see how this auction thing works out. seems theres a good demand for them western dogs :D
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Way to go Dave it's about time you start putting up all those coyotes!!!! 8)
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

took a trip to S.D. yesterday by way of I-29. i left at light and on the way found 2 mink,2 coon and a big beaver dead on the road. i seen lots more dead critters but these were good enough to keep and practice skinning. got home and started out the prosess. i've never did mink or beaver before. all went real well cept the beaver. i got it done and "think" i did a decent job but it took me about 10 minutes to do it. also aquired a few muskrats and those are easy as pie.even had Denise do one. it took her about 2 minutes to do one without help. she's already agree'd to do any sewing in the future. i've got bad thumbs and have a hard time holding a needle.i might get to like this :D
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

bucksnbears wrote: i got it done and "think" i did a decent job but it took me about 10 minutes to do it.

You did very well if that was your first beaver!! I will be doing a video here soon of how to skin a beaver. Maybe there are a couple tips that i can pass onto you to speed it up a touch. For what it's worth, when chad and i skun those 101 beaver that night, we averaged a beaver every 6.5 minutes per person.
Chris Lyon

Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Way to go buck's and Denise :D rats and mink are alot easier with a nail board to lye them across
a proud member of the "IF" team
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Tbush wrote:Way to go buck's and Denise :D rats and mink are alot easier with a nail board to lye them across
T, what do you meen by a nail board :?: anyway, got flooded outta work so i fleshed everything cept the beaver which is still frozen and also on the strechers which i borrowed from dusty. i could do scrats all day long :D