Cover scent

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Cover scent

Post by Coyotehunter »

any one using it or the misting scent that some guys are selling to use while on stand?
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

not me i just don't think the benefits are worth the trouble of having that crap in your truck jacket ect ect just to get that one more split second.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I use the basic scent killer spray and also wear my scent blocker jacket and pants.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I have never tried it before. I just pay close attention to the wind.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I have heard some big debates on the issue. I have tried it pretty religiously over a couple of year period and I could not see any desernable difference in the approach I see in predators. I do believe that it takes minimal effort and I do not see any real downside to using all of those products. I am a fanatic about scent control for bowhunting but I am in a very controlled enviroment sitting in a tree. I agree, watch the wind and be very conscious on how and where you set up. I also believe you need to have a partner that understands that as well and will sit in a spot that allows him to watch down wind and be able to take that shot. To many partners insist on pointing their gun right where the caller is pointing his, making it difficult to make that down wind shot. Coyote goes down wind and he is scrambling to cover the shot. That guy is the same guy who is always complainging about educated coyotes going down wind and not giving him a shot.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I agree I don't think it makes a big difference, I just feel with my luck I should take every caution there is. If it helps me get just one coyote, I am glad I used it.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

I use a spray and scentlok clothes too but in the past I didn't and not sure if I see a difference either there nose is just way too good :)
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I agree a coyotes nose is tough to fool, I think the only thing you have in your favor would be the wind. I just use scent blocker and scent spray to maybe fool a coyote to get a little closer.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"